Throwback Thursday: Best Toy Gun

definitely remember cap guns, but the most memorable were the rifle(shotgun?) that shot a cork. We played “army” a lot as a kid, and in cqb situations :wink:, had a lot of issues with “I shot you” “no, you missed” so to rectify that, we removed the cork and would jam the muzzle into the dirt. Shot to the eyes, there was no denying who got hit…obviously, no rules. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

We had some awesome childhoods.

8 Likes

and most of us survived them. Imagine that.

9 Likes

My brother and I got these for Christmas. Also with a carbine that fire same bulet

2 Likes

ARNIE-W > I had one but not for long. I drilled a hole in the case, put a stick on cap over the hole as a primer, filled the case with Scraped off cap gun powder and put a rivet in it for the Projectile. Pulled the trigger and by by plastic cylinder that I didn’t know it was made out of plastic. It sounded like a M80, good thing I did it out side or it would have blown out the windows. Oh the stupid things we do in the name of fun. Lucky to still have all my digits.
:us::us::us:

6 Likes

Or may be get shot by the Fuzz.

3 Likes

Yes we were very inventive in my neighborhood to.

2 Likes

So are the kids today only they play with real guns. P.S. WHERE ARE THEY GETTING ALL THE GUNS & AMO FROM ??? No shortage for them.

3 Likes

As a kid in the UK in the 70s, we watched the Western movies, so played Cowboys and Indians. We watched the war movies, so had battles. All with cap guns.

My favourite guns were the metal ones, of which I had a WW2 Luger, and a James Bond Walther PPK - both used the roll of caps.

I also recall having a plastic M16, which actually fired plastic bullets - about a foot!

Mustn’t forget my Starsky and Hutch cap revolver, complete with plastic shoulder holster.

Since the UK is not a country where guns were readily available, we didn’t have any gun rules to follow.

Out of all the neigbourhood kids, I was the only one who later went on to use firearms as a hobby (whilst it was still legal in the UK).

5 Likes

Great Britain’s playing Cowboys and Indians!?
Surely y’all played Knights and spandex wearers

4 Likes

Megatron. The original one. Not the tank, not the dinosaur and not the Michael Bay version.

1 Like

At least then, they could pretend they won, rather than playing the Siege of Yorktown… :rofl:

2 Likes

Yup had one.
Liked it but
Not known for “Reliability” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Blacky I could tell you where but most peoples don’t believe it until they hear it a thousand times from different peoples or see it for themselves.

1 Like

My favorite was the Johnny 7 OMA.
Johnny7OMA

5 Likes

My best friend and I grew up with toy rifles and cap guns. We moved up to BB guns and finally single shot 22’s by the time we were 12. Life was great and thanks to the 2A it is still great.
My favorites were the Roy Rogers two pistols holster set up with lots of caps! And later the “Rifleman” lever action cap rifle.

3 Likes

I grew up with the stick guns and then the cap guns. I found a company that makes miniture guns to scale that dont shoot but look just like the ones they are modeled after. My grandson loves them. Its called Goat Guns. Hopefully this fits under the guidlines of this site.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @Kirk25 glad you can join us.

Thank you
Glad to be here

1 Like

we always had a bunch of these in the house (this went on for at least a decade). My siblings , my father, and I had regular shootouts using furniture for cover. This sort of play went on outdoors as well. Most fun ever!

10 Likes