Thoughts on PMC Ammo

About a week ago, I shot four boxes of PCM ammo and noticed that my hands were sort of black and my firearm dirty when I cleaned it.

Has anyone else experienced this shooting this ammo?

1 Like

PMC ammo? I have shot a decent amount of PMC. We generally bring several guns to the range, and collect the brass, so my hands are always dirty after shooting.

1 Like

@Fred_G PCM? It happens when you type too fast. :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Yes, PMC is not the cleanest ammo but if runs through my Glock pretty well.

1 Like

PMC, (Pan Metal Corporation) makes ammo, Duh. The QC is acceptable but the best thing is that it is re loadable brass and the price is not bad. In general I would shoot PMC once and hope for good results then reload it once and make it bunker ammo. Fire and forget.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

The only PMC I’ve run was in .357 mag. It was a little dirty, but, it was on the warm side for factory ammo.

2 Likes

That’ll happen with hot loads just due to more un burnt powder residue. They tend to run slower burning powders at higher volumes than most US manufactures.

I haven’t shot any of it lately but shot tons of it mostly in 45-70. They had a 305gr JHP and 400gr soft point loads that were excellent for large and dangerous game.

2 Likes

I like to shoot PMC in .45ACP and found it a lot cleaner than Winchester White Box and more consistent, often at less cost when found on sale. I’ve never experienced that stubborn soot WWB coats everything with when shooting PMC

I don’t shoot a lot of PMC though.

I reload my range ammo so I’ll occasionally buy factory ammo to augment my brass cache after the range weeds take their share, and PMC brass seems to be a winner in that respect.

If I didn’t reload, I could easily see PMC being one of my “go to” loads for range days.

1 Like

I’ve had good luck with PMC-cheap range ammo and provides a “source” for brass. Hulls are decent and I’m getting several reloads from PMC brass.

1 Like

I never had any problems with PMC. In fact, their .357 mag was hotter than some others.

1 Like