thought for the day:

If you’re ever feeling down just remember that it took 20 years, trillions of dollars and 4 Presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.

23 Likes

:roll_eyes: :pleading_face: :anguished: :face_with_diagonal_mouth: :person_facepalming: What a waste.

3 Likes

But now it’s a better armed Taliban, armed with the weapons NATO left behind.

I’m sure the Taliban were required to go through a background check before they took possession of the arms.

10 Likes

You guys should be volunteers for the Suicide hot Line…

“I’m thinking of killing myself!”… can we put you on hold for a minute?
:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

2 Likes

Hallmark, sympathy division

4 Likes

That’s true.Politicians shouldn’t ultimately be in command.We did send several of them off to eternal Jihad in hell though.The unbelievable things they did to their own people still turns my stomach to this day.

5 Likes

Sorry, NATO didn’t leave them behind, the Biden administration left them behind.

10 Likes

The Afghan conflict started under George Bush, continued through the Obama administration and through the Trump administration. In the end, 20 years of fighting and nation building by NATO yielded a government that collapsed in about 2 weeks when NATO withdrew. A lesson of endless war.

3 Likes

I don’t know the exact figures. In fact, I doubt anyone knows, but the last few years NATO was hardly involved. I know there was a Japanese SDF unit there handling water purification or some other non-combat role and there may have been some Brits and Aussies but few and far between. But probably lots of NATO bureaucrats living as high on the NATO expense account as one can in Afghanistan.

4 Likes

Not much in the way of lasting nation-building actually happened in Afghanistan over 20 years of fighting and spending. Because money was printed to finance that conflict, the public pays for that in the form of inflation (devalued currency). Next time people grouse about increasing prices, you might tell them that that’s the “Afghan Tax” enacted by the bipartisan military adventurism of the Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden administrations.

5 Likes

It only took a couple days to arm the Taliban better than it was.

4 Likes

and worse, far better than “we the people”. Joe, puddin’ head, where’s my Abrams? Do I need to claim to be a Muslim? As long as I fight for Allah, I will be forgiven and be given my 72 virgins. God, I hope not. That’s more emotional baggage than I need. Also, how old are these virgins? Six-years old like Mohammad’s (Rest in pieces) wife when he married her? Oh, wait, I stated that wrong, didn’t I? I know you are supposed to state something about the pedo after using his name, but I am not a Muslim, so I might have gotten it wrong. Please don’t kill me for that.

3 Likes

The same thing will happen in the Ukraine. It was part of the Russian Empire longer than we have been a country. It was suppose to be a part of a demilitarized zone between Russia and what was Western Europe. We broke that deal when we started holding military exercises in these former parts of the USSR and Eastern Block countries . Making some of these countries part of NATO. Remember many European countries have invaded Russia in the last 300 yrs.

3 Likes

Not only that, but Kiev was the capitol.

4 Likes

True. Guess Texas should declare its independence or return to Mexico and ask for money and weapons from China or Russia. See how we would like it

4 Likes

welcome to the group @BERNARD34

1 Like