The state of America

When people ask me if I doubt the U.S. military in a mult-front conflict I refer them to General Miley.

5 Likes

Milley may be no more? :thinking:

US President Joe Biden has decided to replace the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the US Armed Forces, General Mark Milley. Air Force General Charles Brown Jr. will be named to replace him, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Brown is currently the Air Force Chief of Staff. If confirmed by the Senate, he will become the second black head of the US Department of Defense.

Biden to replace Joint Chiefs of Staff Milley with General Brown (easternherald.com)

2 Likes

Sad to say, he may not be an improvement. This guy might be more “woke” than Austin. He may be great too. We shall see. I fear the worst of course.

9 Likes

Bruce26
US President Joe Biden has decided to replace the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the US Armed Forces, General Mark Milley. Air Force General Charles Brown Jr. will be named to replace him, according to the Wall Street Journal.
[/quote]

“Meet the New Boss
same as the old boss”
These vermin only pick someone that will parrot the narrative and be controlled by them

9 Likes

A long way from when I went in. If they even suspected you were gay they launched your butt. After I got out they started the “Don’t ask Don’t Tell” stuff which as history has proven was a small stepping stone to “inclusion”, where we are today.

9 Likes

Mike,

The ‘people’ now ‘ruining-the-show’ have always believed in a strategy of BABY STEPS.
They OOZE their evil plans out on us with an eyedropper, this way it doesn’t seem all that menacing @ the time. Sort of like Hitler’s " Kristallnacht"
 The Jews were given a chance to emigrate 'somewhere else" then just day’s after he was installed in power he launched his evil plan
 sound familiar?

7 Likes

I might be wrong, but isn’t Milley’s turn almost up, anyway? They rotate the Joint Chiefs chair every once in a while.

3 Likes

The biggest threat to our military just might be DEI indoctrination

Sometimes I look at the destructive things done in the name of DEI — diversity, equity and inclusion — and I wonder: If a foreign power had infiltrated us and was trying to weaken and destroy our institutions, what would it do differently?

The answer is “Not much.”

And now a large group of retired senior military officers — generals and admirals all — is raising the alarm on the pernicious influence of “woke” ideology in military DEI programs.

In an open letter addressed to House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries and the Armed Services Committee and Defense Appropriations Subcommittee chairmen, they warn the pursuit of diversity, equity and inclusion, and political correctness generally, is getting in the way of the military’s actual mission: to fight and win wars and, by being able to do so, deter adversaries from starting anything.

“For generations, our military was a meritocracy,” they write.

It was one of the most — possibly the most — diverse and inclusive institutions in America precisely because it recruited and promoted on merit to a greater degree than almost any other institution in America.

But, they caution, in the name of DEI, it’s moving its emphasis from merit to things like skin color and national origins, in a system where people are “labeled as ‘oppressed’ or ‘oppressors,’ and pitted against each other.”

The biggest threat to our military just might be DEI indoctrination (msn.com)

9 Likes

You are correct Brother!
The biggest threat to our Armed Forces is the DEI !
The answers should be
NO! Not everybody will get a medal, participation award for playing, Trophy, Plaque.
NO! If you can’t do the Curriculum (# of push ups, sit ups, can’t hit the broad side of a barn! you are OUT!)
NO! You cannot stay just because you are Bi, Trans, confused, purple, green or fuchsia!
NO! You can’t wear PINK CAMO! you’re not Invading San Francisco!
and NO! You can’t have a gubment sex change on the tax payers dimes!
You want to lop it off! or glue one on YOU PAY FOR IT! GOD made you a gender, deal with it!
and there is a report going around (Real Raw news) that years ago (2021) THE MARINES were going to break away from the other branches for refusal of MANDATORY VAXes 
 I don’t know why it didn’t happen but I feel that might have changed some of the ‘decision’ making that’s been implemented if they had!
This whole thing is just so bizarre! How in the heck did we let it get this far GONE?

9 Likes

Good men did nothing! Evil triumphs! So goes everyday here after!

7 Likes

I think the fact that we are elevating Charlie Brown to that position speaks volumes as Charlie is always getting punked by Lucy. Charlie will at least bring a very good fighter pilot along, Snoopy is one of the best.

3 Likes

Sorry, threat to who? You do realize that once you get the department in charge of “f15s and nukes” on the woke program, you have means to cancel all fools who worship their White supremacist “constitution” and that old Book of anti-gay tropes.

6 Likes

YEP Brother

7 Likes

Action jackson1:
Snoopy is one of the best. And don’t forget Brother he’s paired w/ the best ‘aerialist’ EVER Woodstock!

6 Likes

As a young soldier I was accosted by a gay person (of course they didn’t refer to it as that back then), but when I reported it, I got the education of a lifetime. I was asked to write down the exact details that led me to accuse them of being gay; to include but not limited to, what did I know and when did I know it; was I there to witness activity leading to that conclusion? I was totally derailed, so I withdrew my complaint and took another route. One which clearly conveyed my intentions on the matter. There was peace in the garden from that point forward.

I would not be able to survive being in the military today. It is unrecognizable from the era in which I served. I trust it was the same for you as well.

Come to think of, I’m pretty “sure” the question was asked on the entrance physical examination. Because I know that it was a permanently disqualifying admission. Bet it’s not there anymore.

5 Likes

First, I don’t care what color skin he’s wrapped in, as long as he has a backbone, and strong ROE in the AOR that makes sense, and that those Warriors are taken care of that are sent to do a job on behalf of our nation. Warriors should never have to make political decisions in theatre or areas of operation, nor sent to do a job - given responsibility for completing a mission but no authority to carry it out.

Second, I wonder what Morale and Welfare of the Troops mean in today’s Military. Maybe I should say Service Members. What does Es Sprit De Corps look like, today? Just wondering.

Whereas in today’s environment you hear a lot about environmental toxicity. Commander’s being relieved of duty because of a “toxic” environment. What does that even mean, really? And it makes me wonder; Gen. Milley is probably glad to be moving on with his stars still on his shoulder boards.

State of America
let’s keep praying
with our eyes open.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, this is the world we live – lots of people sitting on the sidelines who believe they cannot do anything to move the country in a better direction, all waiting for someone to magically appear and fix things for them.

3 Likes

Interesting video

6 Likes

Well, there’s the woke stuff that you mentioned, but I don’t think it’s as significant as you believe it to be. Service Members aren’t being read children’s books by cross-dressers, or whatever it is Fox News would have us believe.

There are bigger problems affecting morale, such as (in no particular order):

• Lack of a mission. Most current Service Members signed up thinking they’d be fighting bad guys. They weren’t expecting to sit in the desert counting illegal immigrants from a distance.
  • Afghanistan. Yeah, we all saw what happened. Service Members haven’t forgotten.
  • Pay. The lowest enlisted ranks make less than minimum wage. A high school drop-out flipping burgers can make twice that. Congress is all concerned about the latter, but they have the power to fix military pay.
  • Veterans. Service Members can’t go online without some crusty old veteran telling them that they’re soft, useless, and a tool for politicians. Seriously, some veterans are the worst, and they tend to be the loudest. Tell a Service Member that you’re a veteran and you think they’re awesome, you’ll make their day.
6 Likes

Hmm, don’t take me back. When I joined it was moons better than the environment I came out of. I was happy to be in the Army. I didn’t make much money early on, but I had everything I needed which made up for the shortage of cash. I remember my first LES saying something like 397.00 and that was for the month. But, hey I was 17, what did I know, but I was stoked! No pressure, because I wanted to be a soldier, and was down for the challenge. I looked forward to being in the uniform, and field duty was awesome. I would switch-on and be buck wild in the field; furthermore, I was lucky enough to have some super leaders, very professional men that would be mentor as well as leader, and so I became one as well. I don’t know what it is now, even my time on the Islands or in the sandbox were great experiences for me, and I made it back home, alive, and for the most part, intact! I am grateful for having been able to serve. Would I feel that same way today? From what I see and hear, I don’t believe I’d be able to tolerate the foolishness. I even wonder what the UCMJ looks like, today?

7 Likes