The man who wanted to be left alone

This popped up on one of my “other” social media feeds. It is from 2021, so not really current, but it still holds true. There is a short video floating around I am trying to find and link in, but it is being illusive.

The Men Who Wanted to Be Left Alone (drhurd.com)

6 Likes

Is this the video? I just did a quick internet search for video using the title from the webpage you provided. There were other videos, too, but this one was a narration of the statement on the webpage you provided.

10 Likes

That is the one. It came through this morning on my phone and I couldn’t get it from the phone to my laptop to share here.

Thank you for the assist.

5 Likes

Had to think about this one. I feel it’s true. Having been a government worker I just followed orders and I just wanted to be left alone, retire, get my pension, and live where the hell I wanted to live. I don’t know what I’d do if placed in a situation as described. I think I’d piss my pants and shake. The only thing I know for sure is that I’d do whatever it took to survive.

9 Likes

There are stories all over the interweb related to this, of regular people who get pushed just a little too far and they snap. Then those regular people get painted as the bad guys.

Marvin Heemeyer of Granby, Colorado is a perfect example. He is the guy who armor plated a bulldozer and went on a rampage. In the manifesto Heemeyer left behind he wrote: “I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable. Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things.” Mr. Heemeyer’s argument was with the local zoning commission. They pushed him to far, and he bulldozed the town. Heemeyer, of course was “The Bad Guy.”

There have also been several stories coming from Yellowstone about Buffalo “attacking” unwary park goers, but it is always revealed the park goers got too close to the buffalo, who just want to be left alone. BAD WILD ANIMAL!!! How dare you not let me pet you!

Or maybe it is a story of someone who got attacked by evil hornets after poking their nest. Darned wild hornets!!! Why can’t they just conform to the civilized norm?

Sorry, I headed off on a rant there for a minute,…

Moral of the story: DON’T POKE THE BEAR.

11 Likes

Right now tiny little Isreal is the country that wanted to be left alone.

10 Likes

I see some significant differences between a guy who gets fed up with the system and bulldozes a bunch of buildings and a hornet who stings the heck out of someone who is actively poking their nest.

I definitely prefer to be left alone and really like my peaceful life. But I am very confident that I am capable of using violence to defend myself, family, friends or neighbors if I am left with no other choice.

6 Likes

He was an early convert to Antifa/BLM. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

BruceE, (article not Vid)

This might be it Brother

6 Likes

Another true story. Live Free or Die. :saluting_face:

Vin Suprynowicz » Blog Archive » Live Free or Die: How Many More Carl Dregas?

3 Likes

This seems like a good place to leave this. It’s an amazing read.

5 Likes