The Good Gal Wins

This may belong in miscellaneous but it’s a good example of guns saving lives and legal defense.

Mother Shoots Intrusion Suspect to Protect Children Sleeping Upstairs

Police tape is seen outside the Tree of Life Synagogue after a shooting there left 11 people dead in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh on October 27, 2018. - A heavily armed gunman opened fire during a baby-naming ceremony at a synagogue in the US city of Pittsburgh on …

BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty

AWR HAWKINS

6 Jun 2019176

1:16

A Cincinnati, Ohio, mother shot an intrusion suspect Thursday morning as her children slept upstairs.

WCPO reports that the suspect, Dante Ruff, is an ex-boyfriend against whom the mother has a protection order.

Ruff allegedly tried to make entry through a front window around 4:30 a.m. WLWT reports that he allegedly “kicked out an AC unit” to get to the window and that is why the mother opened fire.

Cincinnati Police Lt. Brent McCurley indicates that Ruff was shot “multiple times” but is expected to survive. The mother and her children were not harmed.

The mother is a legal gun owner and

5 Likes

Go mama bear!

4 Likes

Glad that prevented a horrible crime.

The things I always take away is the bad guy being shot multiple times and surviving

6 Likes

Juess he gets to explain to the judge why he violated his restraining order.

4 Likes

A restraining / protection order is a piece of paper. A firearm in this instance was the protection tool. Great share, @Michael7. (I moved it to the True Self-Defense Stories category.)

5 Likes

Good for her. she did what she had to do to protect her children and herself. and yet the ANTI-GUN IDIOTS/GROUPS keep saying that no one needs a firearm to protect themselves. Well yet again they’re wrong. And if some of the 2020 democratic presidential candidates get into office they’re on the record of saying that if Congress doesn’t pass new gun laws that they WILL USE EXECUTIVE ORDERS TO FIX THE PROBLEM. And two have even said that if LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS DON’T COMPLY WITH THERE GUN LAWS THAT THEY’D BE ARRESTED AND PUT IN JAIL FOR NOT COMPLYING. And that IS AGAINST THE SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS.

4 Likes

I feel the same anger at those who want to trample on our Constitutional rights. I don’t worry about the Executive Order threats. No President can dislove any of the rights in the Bill of Rights by EO. They may try but I think the repercussions would be swift and severe. Imagine a President trying to do away with the 1st, 4th, 5th or 14th amendments. I’m sure war would be the immediate consequence. Nevertheless, we must remain on guard always.

2 Likes

My kinda mom, a cross between a mamma bear and a tigress!

3 Likes

Simply a mathematical fact, most people who are shot survive and survival rates improve every year.

2 Likes

Wild rose, that’s interesting. Where did you find that information at. I’d love to read more about it.

Lots of studies out there showing the same information, here’s one from Penn State showing almost a 66% survival rate.

The study, published online ahead of print in the Annals of Emergency Medicine , examined 4,122 patients taken to eight Level I and Level II adult trauma centers in Philadelphia between January 1, 2003 and December 31, 2007. Of these, 2,961 were transported by EMS and 1,161 by the police. The overall mortality rate was 27.4 percent. Just over three quarters (77.9 percent) of the victims suffered gunshot wounds, and just under a quarter (22.1 percent) suffered stab wounds. The majority of patients in both groups (84.1 percent) had signs of life on delivery to the hospital. A third of patients with gunshot wounds (33.0 percent) died compared with 7.7 percent of patients with stab wounds.

1 Like

I have a sign like this and the local police love it.

1 Like

Thanks WR…I’m surprised! Good info.

1 Like