The ears have it!

Anyone ever listen to Tubular Bells?
Mystic Moods - One Stormy Night?

2 Likes

:bell:
I love Second Part.

3 Likes

One song brings back things/memories from the past. We played it on every deployment into a hot zone. 10 minutes out. Whether by rope or out the back of a plane, we dropped in this song.

For Those About to Rock! (We solute YOU!)
A/C-D/C

2 Likes

Side bar says Oct. 4th. It’s the 5th of October. My b-day! 56 years young! And still rocking!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday!

I am 57 and still love my classic metal as well as some of the newer stuff.
You can catch me rocking out to Slipknot on occasion.
As others posted, I love Godsmack, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, and still listen to my classic Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden.
Never too old :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Bill170,
Right down the line! today’s music ain’t got the same soul. I like that old time rock -n-roll!
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Sanitarium
Sweet Leaf
Tears of the Dragon

3 Likes

Well, I am just an old romantic. The love songs from the 50s were best. I don’t want to get al jazzed and jerky when I listen to music, I want o be mellow and relaxed. Songs about love, either present or past are best in my song book.

1 Like

In the car I’m a Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Pantera, Deftones kinda guy.
At home or at work I lean more towards Otis Redding, James Brown, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles. Creedence Clearwater.
There’s not enough Tool on the local radio stations, but they’re phenominal musicians.

2 Likes

@Ron_320-365
Every try some Traveling Willberry’s? Roy Orbison, Tom Petty.

2 Likes

There is a ton of great music out there, new and old. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with the newer stuff, so it’s always good to go back and get my Pink Floyd FIX!

2 Likes

My favorite concert ever, and I’ve seen a few, was Tom Petty in Richmond VA.
It was a while ago. I remember him walking out on stage and sitting in a folding chair, alone with a guitar.

Traveling Willberry’s and Roy Orb are great. Too many great classics to list.
You should see my Pandora channels. Everything from Abba, Cream & Moodly Blues to Rush, Queen, Johnny Cash, all the way out to Tool, Pantera, old Slayer and Slipknot. I’ve even got some Eminem, Ice Cube, Dre, and NWA mixed into their own channel.

4 Likes

@Ron_320-365
Abba, Cream and The Moody Blues! Ones of so many worthy of mention. I grew up in the early 70’s with the Moody Blues. Got all the hand-me-down albums from my parents when I got my first record player. (YA, record player, not a turn table. It came in a box with 2 speakers and the record player folded out. No HI-FI about it)

I discovered Abba when they first hit the scene. I bought their albums and played them on my new HI-FI system I bought in my mid-teens. The parents heard the tunes and quickly took the albums for themselves! (That sucked!)

2 Likes

(This is a journey into sound!) I couldn’t get the link to save as a jpeg.
Potter’s Field, A Thousand Points of Hate, Black Lodge.

Anthrax

As long as the music flows, it’s all good. It makes us feel happy when we’re sad. Livens us up when we want to jam out. Relaxes us when we’re tense or burned out from the day. It makes us feel like dancing. It’s perfect for romance! It even helps us drown our sorrows.

The blues ain’t nothing but a good man feeling down!
I guess that’s why they call it the blues!
Blue Moon!

Bark at the Moon!
(Oops, Ozzy got out!)

2 Likes

Actually the music is great for shooting.
I don’t know how many of you shoots with rhythm. I do.
Incoherent string of fire cause lack of accuracy.
Rhythmical shooting, even very fast, keeps all rounds in small groups.
Music help to practice this a lot.

1 Like

One of two things guaranteed to calm me putting my playlist on randomizer, crank it to max and cruise with top down.

Second thing is go to range for some recoil therapy.

2 Likes

On a long road, with miles to go,
It’s winding and cold, covered with snow,
I ask you what we all want to know…

Lines on my face, lines on my hands,
lead to a future I don’t understand,
So I ask, once again,

Where are we going from here?

An excerpt from Where Are We Going From Here? - Blackmore’s Night

1 Like

Like that Jerzy, :us:

1 Like