The Biggest Lever Action Ever Made 70-150 Winchester?

• .70-150 Winchester

Gun

The .70-150 Winchester was a hypothetical centerfire rifle cartridge of American origin. Designed sometime around 1888, the .70-150 Winchester appeared on Winchester’s cartridge boards as mock-up dummy rounds. It had never made it past the proposal/experimental stage. Allegedly, only one known weapon was made for this caliber; a variant of the Winchester Model 1887 shotgun that featured a barrel with rifling at the last six inches forward of its bore. A small number of these weapons were manufac

.70-150 Winchester | Gun Wiki | Fandom

History

Designed sometime around 1888, the .70-150 Winchester appeared on Winchester’s cartridge boards as mock-up dummy rounds. It had never made it past the proposal/experimental stage. Allegedly, only one known weapon was made for this caliber; a variant of the Winchester Model 1887shotgun that featured a special barrel with rifling at the last six inches forward … Read more

Design Details

The .70-150 Winchester is a large-bore rifle cartridge. It is based on a brass 12 gauge (some sources claim 10 gauge) casing that is necked down to accept a .73" diameter bullet. The casing has a capacity for 150 grains of propellant. The projectile weighs between 700 and 900 grains (43.5 and 58.3 grams). Theoretically, the cartridge could achieve a muzzle velocity of 1,300 to … Read more

3 Likes

My shoulder hurt after reading about it. :grinning:

6 Likes

Im pretty sure the dinosaurs were already extinct and shooting whales ain’t right

3 Likes

That is exciting to see. I wonder how much ammo was made and how difficult it is to make ammo for it.

1 Like

A 45-70 provides all the thump I can ever enjoy!

3 Likes

I’d put a gel pad on it… for length of pull.

4 Likes

As Keanu Reeves would say, “whoa…”

2 Likes