Guns & GearGuns

gunsmagazine.com

.40 S&W for every day carry?

[Guns & Gear](https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/c/g
ā€‹
Dead Horse. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Good round! Maybe Iā€™ll shoot my .40
This weekend. Itā€™s my trusty bedside caliber at the moment. Iā€™ve seen 40 cheaper than 9mm in some places recently.

Will I buy another 40? Probably not (never say never!) but Iā€™m not getting rid of mine either.

4 Likes

SR40 was my first pistol and still my favoriteā€¦Long Live Darth Ruger!

3 Likes

@Gary_H - Iā€™ve owned a Springfield XD 40 for quite awhile and enjoy firing it one heck of alot. Handles great and puts me on the mark well.
.40 is here to stay in my book.

4 Likes

Depends on if you desire to bring a broom stick or a baseball bat to a fight. Not everyone is the same and respectfully depends on training and strength to manage recoil and operations. The 10mm is a .40 caliber, like the .45 caliber, they come in different flavors too. The .45 LC, 45 ACP, .45 GAP, and .45/70; just an example.

I enjoy having my GLOCK 27, 22, and 23 Gen 4. Everyone is their best and enjoy.

Iā€™m happy for you.

1 Like

Please do not put down people. equipment, or make judgements except you first have trained, studied,
practiced learning all you can about this minor subject that is on the .40 S.W. or any equipment or supplies. It may save your life one day. There are many other people that work hard and their experience and training help all of us to learn. Not everyone is the same and it takes training and practice to be their best. This goes for any ammunition that we all have and use. Please use your equipment the best you can and please stay safe. LEARN and TRAIN!

2 Likes

Agreed. I really liked my friendā€™s Beretta 96. Other .40s? Not so much, however now that Iā€™ve got more experience and training under my belt I wouldnā€™t necessarily pass up a good .40 pistol of the price was right.

We are not in the military, so we have the freedom to choose our weapons.

3 Likes

I carried a Sig P229 in .40 throughout my career, and own a P2340 and P320 in .40, none of which are still being made in .40. I will be keeping them of course, mainly because I like the .40 and they will be in the ā€œthey donā€™t make these anymore categoryā€.

6 Likes

its the same as this quote

ā€˜ā€™ā€˜friends donā€™t let friends buy GLOCKSā€™ā€˜ā€™

really rude and inappropriate :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

And that 40 was sold! 9mm reigns supreme! Iā€™ll keep 45 for my patriotic giggles. :us:

3 Likes

IF THEY SELL AMMONIUM. For any firearm. :bangbang: THEN HOW CAN IT BE THAT BIG WORD.APSALEATETā€‹:question::question: