Thanksgiving Preparations and living with a trauma nurse

A few years back, during the height of the plandemic my wife and I got together. Doing the normal things that couples do, during our first thanksgiving preparation festivities she was preparing the turkey for brine. Not important. As she is cleaning out the turkey, elbow deep in the bird I was walking into the kitchen and said “damn” when I saw her essentially fisting the turkey, she looked over, smiling and said “well I’ve had my hand inside a person, this is nothing.”

Enjoy your bird!

Gobble Gobble!!! :turkey:

10 Likes

Scary stuffing. Hhhave a hhhappy thanksgiving.

6 Likes

Nice one!!!
I put this one on the ballot for post of the year.

5 Likes

Thanksgiving preparations at my house 2024, 1500 hours.

I’ve expanded the observation sector to 360 degrees!

10 Likes

And after all of that my ultra liberal son still got in…

6 Likes

Just started pork belly cubed seasoned, butt on the smoker, ham on the stove.

5 Likes

OMG, I can smell that over here! No invasion happening at your house!

5 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

IMG_4139

6 Likes

I’m going to use that one.

Edit, fixed my POOR spelling

3 Likes

That looks really good. We decided to not travel to be with family so are doing a neighbors Thanksgiving since our neighbors also don’t have family close by. Only issue is the neighbors are vegan and my wife insisted on not making them watch us tear into a turkey carcass. So my son and I get treated to tofurkey tomorrow😬 Told my son we can have a nice carnivorous meal the day after.

But I am in charge of entertainment so I spent the day making some knife throwing targets since it is something my son and I and our neighbor have always wanted to try. Hopefully we don’t end up needing the services of @Josh47 ‘s wife to stitch up some wounds if a knife takes a bad bounce!

4 Likes

Hahaha!!! Now while I don’t know first hand, I know that around 10 years ago tofurkey was a deal breaker for my dad. lol RIP

3 Likes

Ham on the stove? Why not smoke that, too? I haven’t found anything that doesn’t taste good with smoke. I barbequed a turkey breast this weekend - awesome! I don’t barbeque often, but I always use smoke, and grill just about daily. My favorite wood is cherry, and thankfully I have a few of those trees on my property, so I have more than enough cherry wood. I need to plant a few hickory trees. Back where I grew-up, we had a lot of them - also an awesome wood. I have oak and maple trees, too, but i prefer cherry and hickory. Cherry-smoked steak is the best food ever!

3 Likes

The wife uses small green ham boils it uses drippings for the dressing, its not to good after the boiling all the goodness out of it lol. So I got this on smoker for next 12 hours

5 Likes

:rofl: Can i take shelter in the head(latrine)??

4 Likes