Texas Roll Call

It’s either a Hornady, Gunsite, or LE support, cap for me. Otherwise it’s a BC hat out of Australia for me.

2 Likes

LOL. Just can’t believe what you see and hear on TV these days. Why when I was a kid the Good Guys wore White hats and the Bad Guys wore Black hats. Life sure was simpler then. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Spring, TX

3 Likes

@Reddic, glad you are with us, sir.

1 Like

Welcome from another fellow Texan. We’re over here in Johnson City.

2 Likes

We come out that way to Driftwood periodically. Love to visit Salt Lick BBQ. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the welcome.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.

I’m really glad to be here and discover such wonderful people.

2 Likes

Salt Lick is 3 miles from my work! It’s my go to BBQ joint. It is perfect for my keto diet as well!
If you’re down this way again, PM me and we can all savor some BBQ. Their Pecan Pie is awesome, (no not keto, but that is my one high carb item per week)

1 Like

I certainly will!

We actually need to stay out there after eating. I had the WORST time trying to drive back to Spring after eating there!

1 Like

Yeah, Austin traffic is virtually the worst I have ever driven in.
It’s uncanny that there are only 2 highways through down town.
One is a lower deck 2 lane and the the upper deck is 2 lanes, with multiple on and off ramps… a freaking cluster. On the west side of town there is only a 3 lane with a $5 toll lane in the middle!!!

Even places like Little Rock have like 5 or 6 lanes going both ways!

Could you imagine Houston only having a couple of highways north and south, only 2 to 3 lanes each!

But what is nice is while you’re sitting there for hours in traffic you can look at some pretty warbler or rare salamander making better time than you on the side of the road.

2 Likes

OH YES!!

I have family there and I hate to come visit. It’s not any better on weekends. I’ll be sure to check for those Salamanders next time. LOLLLLL!!

I frequent the “Texas Relays” and music venues there. My nephew graduated from Huston Tillotson. I was SO glad when he finished school so we didn’t have to go there as much. Then, I remarried and my bride wanted to see “Sixth Street.” Damn!

A good friend of mine owned a Restaurant downtown. The name was “219 West.” We used to go there until he sold it due to health & Family reasons.

They put TX-130 in but that doesn’t really seem to help. Well, it probably is helping but it just went down from “Treacherous” to “Unbearable.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Red Oak, TX here! I’m a little south of Dallas near Waxahachie.

2 Likes

Texas, born and raised :muscle:

2 Likes

6th street, nothing like the smell of vomit and pee.

Our only draw to downtown was a PFChangs. Now with all the stuff going on downtown, we haven’t been since like, last November, just before Thanksgiving last year.

TX130, it’s WAY to far out of town. The only thing you see out there are some squashed feral hogs on the side of the tollway.

2 Likes

Hello all from Amarillo TX

1 Like

Hey,
Stay warm up there @LARRY127!
We love visiting palo duro canyon!

I’ve got some fiction EOTW books where the canyon is the last stand for the good guys!

1 Like

Thanks we’ll try.
If you like Palo Duro next time you head this way check out Caprock Canyons it’s south east of Palo Duro there is a herd of buffalo free roaming, and a small lake for fishing & swimming.

2 Likes

Welcome LARRY127. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The glamorous city of Big Spring, Texas.

2 Likes

Had to duck-duck that one. So your up near the panhandle, you get the tornados don’t you?

1 Like