Taking her ccw class tonight

My daughter bought her first gun about four weeks ago and I’ve spent hours and hours with her on the range. She has gotten pretty good and is scoring some tight groups. Tonight she is going to her CCW class for Utah. She is so excited. I’m a proud Papa. We’ll do lots more range time and get her started here. She’ll still need to wait for the wheels to turn for the rest of the process, but she’s on her way.

35 Likes

That’s awesome!

3 Likes

That’s great! I took my Minnesota one last month.
It’s a great feeling! Loved my Instructor.
I feel very prepared.

3 Likes

The single best feeling I’ve had as a Dad was when my daughter, finally started taking her self defense into her own hands. The way her posture got stronger and more confident. The way she got more confident and less worried really did my heart proud was enough to make my heart swell with joy.

I used to call her to see if she wanted to go to the range, now she calls me. I taught both of her roommates to shoot as well. Those were all GREAT range days and I never even fired a shot.

My daughter got her CCL, a S&W .380 EZ, and a membership at the USCCA.

10 Likes

I don’t know where you live. Depending on the State, she may need her own state CCW before getting Utah (Utah’s rules). They did not let me even grandfather in when they instituted that.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Not a problem. We live in Utah. :grinning: Thanks. @MarkinMT

4 Likes

@Zavier_D yeah. She was pretty hyped when she called after her class last night. Need to do a little damage control today. Lol. They got a pitch for US Law Shield and she enrolled. Oh well. Easily corrected.

2 Likes

Be sure to use your referral link when you make the correction, @Michael554 :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

@Dawn :+1:

My friend over in Oakland County (between Flint and Detroit, kinda) just passed her class on Tuesday, and she’s geeked. Nothing but good things to say about Tim, the instructor at Huron Valley Guns. Shame she has to make an appointment to do the County Clerk/Sheriff paperwork shuffle now :confused:

Is there a USCCA gift membership I can buy, or is there only the referral option?

3 Likes

Great job Dad!

2 Likes

Thumbs up and keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Good job on getting the CCW, I have CO, Utah & AZ, if ever you or anyone need to go again, try Leagalheat, I have a friend that does their classes and he is a great instructor
Happy shooting, practice practice!

1 Like

Great to hear younger people are willing to protect and carry.

2 Likes

Great job dad and daughter!

2 Likes

That’s excellent. The Utah course is good and the instructor we had even included optional range time as a part of the course, although it wasn’t required at the time I took it.