Suggestions for hunting handgun scope

I’m needing a handgun scope good to 200 yards.It needs to be able to handle .460 s&w magnum recoil.

2 Likes

Burris or Vortex

1 Like

I’ve had great experience with Leupold and the older scopes are better. Twice I’ve broken scopes and both times it was my fault and when I called it for repairs I told them so. They replaced both scopes with new ones. NEVER had one break from use even with heavy recoiling guns.

3 Likes

Mount one on a spring piston air rifle!

Why would I, that would be silly since they are not designed for high power air guns. Air guns have to have a specialized scope for them because of their bidirectional recoil.

But, I have fired Leupold scopes extensively in guns up to .458 Win Mag, .375 H&H and my old .300 RUM and my Ultralight .300 WSM that some friends describe as my retina detachers. Never had any issues. Some of my Leupold are over 30 years old.

2 Likes

:grinning:

2 Likes

Ok, that’s damn funny right there :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I have this Simmons on my Super Redhawk 44mag

1 Like

Turns out it’s getting hard to find pistol scopes.Leupold has discontinued theirs.Burris looks to be on the way out as well.I finally found a Burris 2x7 with a ballistic plex reticule.Simmons and Weaver both still have handgun scopes,but I’m sceptical of their ability to handle the recoil I’m fixing to subject them to.

3 Likes

eBay is a decent source for used scopes. Just buy from sellers with high ratings and a good reputation.

1 Like