Stupid cheap crap flashlights

I’m a fan of Army Tek. They have one of the best warranties I have ever used. Rated for a drop of 10 meters onto a hard surface. I can tell you they will take it. I dropped mine at work at least 20 times 1 day from about 10 feet. not a single hitch. A few weeks later the magnet pulled it out of my coveralls while in a JLG at approximately 30 feet high. It landed on concrete and I thought it was done. When I got down and picked it up it still worked. The glass bezel had broken but light still worked. They have lots of options and I can’t recommend them enough.

1 Like

I have a couple of my old Army Flashlights also. When converted to new LED bulbs they work great Have had them for 40 years. I wonder how many new ones can say that. Yep I like the new stuff to :us:

Just buy the danged PROTAC® 1L-1AA EVERYDAY CARRY FLASHLIGHT for $40 and move on. Hahaha.

pt

3 Likes

Not to revive an old thread, but do some of these reliable flashlight brands have multi-color led options?

My old favorite was the Smith & Wesson white-red-green-blue. I never had an issue with those, except that they had a way of walking away when the kids found them. S&W doesn’t make that, anymore, so I’m looking for something similar.

I’ve found plenty of options for W-G-R, W-G-R-B, or even W-G-R-B-UV, but I don’t recognize the brand names and I’m just tired of buying cheap garbage that quits working after a few months.

1 Like

I don’t know how useful it is… but Olight has the “Freyr” which has multi-color LEDs (white, red, green, blue). It uses a 21700 battery so its a bit chonky.

One thing I hate about Olights is their use of “customized” batteries. Standard batteries don’t work, and olight “customized” replacements are ridiculously priced.
The other thing is their custom charging receptacles that look like a standard Android plug…but aren’t.
Good lights other than that besides the country of origin.

3 Likes

What I like about Olight is the flashlight with USB charger. Unfortunately this is not a “stupid cheap crap”… but the idea and functionality is great and it’s so easy to recharge.

2 Likes

Not sure if white/red is sufficient, but the brand is known.
Got some great deals here, see they have a couple good weapon (rifle) light sales going on. I have to be good, so will share the info. :smirk:

https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFire-Dual-Output-Multi-Spectrum-LED-Flashlight-p/aviator-rd.htm

1 Like

2 Likes

You are well prepared ! :ok_hand:

1 Like

That’s what happens mixing overtime and obsessive compulsive tendencies :roll_eyes:
Retired now, having fun playing with all the…stuff.

3 Likes

I have always enjoyed a good reliable flashlight. Lately, I have been having to buy the cheaper $1.00 flashlights from Walmart, because my 9 year old loves to take them and play with them. I usually never get them back, so this way I do not feel bad.

4 Likes

When I was young on the farm with my Granddad. He had an old Ever ready flashlight. It seemed like to me that light always worked when he needed it. I t was also in a day that a flashlight was just that. In today’s ways of looking differently at things. We say have we got better. But have we really? Guess that’ s up to the individual :us:

1 Like

I have several $1 flashlights; they have never failed.

1 Like

I have had some cheap lights die in the first hour of use, Others were like the Eveready bunny.
Luck of the draw I guess. But I like the high end lights to

1 Like

Nothing is cheaper than free!
Harbor Freight has a promo going on this weekend, as long as supplies last
Copy the coupon and have some fun

1 Like