Looking at EDC flashlights....recommendations?

Pocketable, of course, and enough lumens to temporarily disrupt scotopic vision is needed.
I’ve been considering the
Streamlight ProTac, 600 lumens for $85
Surefire EDC TIL-x 1000 lumens for $150 (ouch!)
Surefire G2X MV 800 lumens for $119
Is there anything else I should be looking at?

This won’t be for mounting on a firearm and I prefer using batteries over rechargeable
as our power grid is unreliable.

Suggestions?

1 Like

I have the Streamlight Protac and love it. It has been my EDC for a couple of years. I am also carrying a Streamlight wedge and so far I love it too. Different shape than the Protac but very useful.

1 Like

I have a couple of Surefire handhelds which are nice, but I recently got the Cloud Defensive MCH Micro and it is amazing. Cloud Defensive is an amazing company in general and I highly recommend them. You won’t find a tougher, better light, they are also top-notch with customer service as well. Plus all American-made!

If you would prefer something smaller/less output, the Streamlight Microstream is a good option but definitely not at all in the same category as something like a Cloud Defensive.

The new Surefire Turbos are supposed to be coming out at some point this year which will give their lineup a much-needed upgrade and I am sure they will be great as well.

3 Likes

I use Fenix lights Very bright and affordable. The PD36 is rechargeable.

2 Likes

Huge fan of SureFire. My wife and I have been carrying these on our key rings for over 14 years. Never questioned at airports, court rooms or police stations. Very expensive these days, but indestructible and powerful in more ways than one.
The other powerful little light is the SureFire Sidekick.

1 Like
1 Like

O’light Warrior Mini is my pocket carry. Around 1200 lumens iirc, 3 settings. 18650 battery I believe, but as for your grid, a solar panel, deep cycle battery and an inverter sound like they’d come in handy. Beauty is you can start small and add panels, batteries, and a better inverter as conditions warrant…
Nice having some silently generated electricity when the power goes out…my set up charges my e-bikes, cell phone, flashlights etc…and runs the pool pump at times…

1 Like

While I am not a fan of rechargeable lights but I have used NEBO lights for going on 5 years now and have yet to have one fail. Why spend more money then you have to for the same quality. :slightly_smiling_face:
Check out there line at https://nebo.acgbrands.com/en_US/ ,or Amazon.

1 Like

I have Surefire EDCL2-T. Compact, 1000 Lumens, made in America to more degree than competitors. Best! My only complaint it is pricey.

1 Like

Streamlight pro-tax HLX

2 Likes

Surefire or Steamlight. Nothing made in China (high failure rates). Make sure you understand the difference between “lumens” and “candelas” and what are the best battery options for your purposes.

1 Like

I’m a bit of a flashaholic as they say on their forums.

For awhile my EDC pocket light has been a micro Olight of some kind. It’s smaller than the POM pepper spray that goes next to it in the same pocket

1 Like