Strike man

Recommend yes or no and experience with product

1 Like

I don’t own one but saw a YouTube video comparing it with Mantis.
Old video and it mentioned Strikeman app is inferior to Mantis. Would be helpful if those who own either one chimes in.

I got the Strikeman system for Christmas. For my purposes, it does just fine. It is a laser cartridge system that uses a phone app and camera to score the shots. It was under $200 total to buy the Pro version with a 9mm laser cartridge.

Pros

–You get to use your own pistol to train
–The system works pretty well with very few --malfunctions, like a false shot or a shot not recorded.
–Not terribly expensive
–Does not require an internet connection to use

Cons

–The analytics and perfomance numbers are a bit lacking. You have to do a little work to figure out score and time numbers across many training sessions. It was simpler to use pen and paper.
–The tutorials are a bit lacking in the details of how to really run the system. It is pretty simple overall, but the instruction is lacking.
–Every now and then, but not often, you will fire a shot that is not recorded. Very rarely a shot will be registered that you did not fire. These are both pretty rare though.

For me, Strikeman is perfect. The basic system was very lacking in analytics and features. I highly recommend getting the Pro version right off the bat. With the Pro, you are able to do timed drills and many types of them.

Based on everything I have read and heard, the Mantis system seems to be the best. BUT, for the money, Strikeman offers a lot of great training. My draw times and accuracy have greatly, greatly improved using it.

I hope this helps some of you a bit. Thanks

3 Likes

Recommended: YES. Any Laser shooting system is recommended.

Opinion: I prefer LASR Classic. I know, more expensive, but works better for me. I bought mine long time ago, before all additional plugins and on-line competitions.
The idea is the same, no difference between both systems, but for me LASR is easier to understand, navigate and use. I’m using PC version with camera, so I see everything on a TV connected. Drills can be navigated without touching phone / tablet or mouse. Audio feedback is awesome, especially using “steel ding” :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have the MantisX 10 Elite and give it 5 stars. As you know, accurate and efficient shooting starts before the grip and doesn’t end until you put the gun back in your holster for the day. The system walks you through various drills from basic marksmanship, up to and including recoil analysis. You can use it with your own gun, both dry fire and live fire. The system not only tells you what you need to improve but also shows you and gives you tips. I’ve only completed the Basic, Advanced, and Elite marksmanship, and my accuracy, trigger management, etc. has improved significantly with both my 10mm and 9mm. It is an investment in your self defense capabilities and protecting yourself and your loved ones. The detail analysis is great at showing you that you don’t know what you don’t know. Primary hand, support hand, holster draw, reload drills, endurance, shot timer, shoot-no-shoot, timed benchmarks, hostage rescue, etc. and it walks you through each progressive course. You just have to put in the work.

3 Likes

I personally don’t recommend Strikeman. I placed an order in December of 2023. After two months I still didn’t receive it. Their customer service is horrible. They don’t respond to emails and do not have a phone number to call. They don’t sell extra targets you have to buy the kit with another phone stands. I finally received it in March of 2024. I didn’t even bother to open it and sent it back for a refun

I do highly recommend Mantis. I order the Laser Academy and received it within a week. They have great customer service. Their live chat is awesome. They would answer any questions you might have.you can purchase extra targets or download them and print them out for free. Go to https://mantisx.com/

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

G. Rainman
I have found the LASERLYTE/STEELTYME devices(3 inch diameter face) very helpful. You are given 2.
They are not connected to your phone, nor does it require a stand. Never a malfunction.

Overall, not expensive

I have only used TARYAG LASER CARTRIDGES OF 9 MM, 357/38, 45 LONG COLT. Never a malfunction.

If you call, either of the above companies, they are very helpful/knowledgeable.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @James1418