Laser Training

Spending more time at home I have been doing plenty of dry fire practice but now I am looking for something more. Can anyone recommend a laser dry fire training system that won’t break the bank. I would like to stay in the $100 area but can go up a little if needed. Thanks

3 Likes

I have the iTarget. https://www.itargetpro.com/products/itarget-sled

Works pretty good. I wish it had options for multiple targets. Not the best app, but overall a good training tool.

6 Likes

That system actually looks pretty nice. Have you had any issues with it and is it pretty user friendly?

2 Likes

Check this:

3 Likes

Here is another option. https://mantisx.com

3 Likes

I had a little trouble getting the app setup (my fault for not being very phone smart). Other than that, it works well.

3 Likes

Interesting. I would love to see or hear more about how the dry fire mode in the home works. Their video only shows live fire. Do you have experience with it?

2 Likes

I have an iTarget for 2years or so which I like a lot. But during this COVID 19 deal and the shortage of ammunition. I decided to graduated to the LASRX app and bought a SIRT Pistol. You can shot multiple targets. You can have very meaningful dry fire training.

3 Likes

I have the Mantisx. It is a good trainer for dry fire as well as live fire. It is designed to give real time feed back that uses an attachment to the firearm and interacts with the iPhone.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention, you get the USCCA member discount when you buy the SIRT Pistol from NextLevelTraining and/or LASRX app.

2 Likes

You need a laser sight platform to go with this correct? Or am I understanding that wrong?

2 Likes

Also, where do you find a list of companies that offer member discounts? I wasn’t aware and don’t see anything on the website.

2 Likes

Yes, you can use a any laser pistol/ if you have second strike capability on your carry gun, you can use a laser bullet or you would have to rack the slide every time on your carry gun.

2 Likes

Go to your USCCA Dashboard then go to member partners discount and find NextLevelTraining.

3 Likes

With the mantis for dry fire, are you shooting at a target or does it just sense and give you feedback on trigger pull and steadiness? Does it have a laser? More details would be appreciated.

2 Likes

There is no laser. There is a sensor that is attached to the firearm and during the firing there is real time feedback provided via your iPhone.

2 Likes

Thanks Joe. So I am not getting a target showing me where my hits are. What information for dry firing am I getting and how does the dry firing part work? I tried looking for videos but they are all while using live fire which maybe this system is truly designed for.

2 Likes

At your earliest-FAQ - Mantis. It can be used in dry fire training. In dry fire training you are getting real time feedback sent from the sensor attached to the firearm to the iPhone that includes charts, graphs on your shooting technique as well as links to videos on how you shoot. There is no laser. It does provide feedback on your shooting techniques and how to improve your technique. IMO-The Mantis x is good for improving shooting techniques and mechanics from drawing to presenting to shooting and it provides instant feedback. My two cents.

1 Like

FWIW, I use both the Mantisx and the iTargetPro for dry fire training. Both work well for their intended purpose-to be a better shooter. Have a nice day.

1 Like

I have the gsight system. I like it. it uses any laser cartidge that fires off the firing pin. it works with sa or da pistols, you just have to rack the sa pistols before every shot. inexpensive way to get into laser dry fire training.

2 Likes