Laser Training

Thanks Joe. Since you have both, if you had to pick one, which one would you go with for home practice?

1 Like

MantisX is fantastic for diagnosing and perfecting your gun handling and trigger control. It is basically a very precise G-sensor. If you pull the pistol to the left (many of us do) when squeezing the trigger, this will help you see that. If you are pre-emptively nosing the pistol down in anticipation of recoil, this will help you see that. Some models support sensing your holster draw techniques, so you can break down how long it takes to grip, pull, aim/level, pull trigger.

The laser apps like G-Sight, LasrApp, etc, are tracking how accurate you are at shooting what you are aiming at.

Both of them support timers (beep to “go”)

Best case scenario, get both. If you can only afford one right now, pick whichever one will better help you address where your skills are deficient.

3 Likes

What Harvey said. Have a nice day.

2 Likes

[quote=“Jeff36, post:1, topic:29526”]
Can anyone recommend a laser dry fire training system that won’t break the bank. I would like to stay in the $100 area but can go up a little if needed.
If you want to stay at $100, go with the iTarget Pro, you get the target, stand for iPhone and laser bullet and free app for $106 but I recommend buying the “Quick Draw” app for $5…

3 Likes

I can ‘only’ confirm everything @Harvey said about the MantisX. I’ll add the Mantis can also relate your accuracy and aimpoint. It is always on one of the 4 or 5 primary display screens of the program and is part of the many drill subroutines included. The MantisX 10 adds functionality and processing for all of your firearms and some specialized focus on holster draw, and recoil management. If you get the basic version of the MantisX, find you like the product, and want more, the company will allow you to trade up.

2 Likes

I bought the Pink Rhino Laser Cartridge off Amazon ($40 bucks) and downloaded the LaserHIT app (free). The combo works really well and I like it so far.

4 Likes

WhT do you use for a target?

1 Like

If you go the the LaserHIT website they have 4 targets you can download and print. Free of charge

2 Likes

@Jeff36 You need nothing more than a laser mounted and zeroed on your hand gun. Somewhere on here I have already explained this. While you are sitting around watching TV WITH YOUR GUN UNLOADED CHECK THIS MORE THAN ONCE TO BE SURE IT IS UNLOADED. Lay the hand gun beside you and then pick it up and pick a target as you bring the gun up to the firing position to the target. I do not even dry fire in this practice. As you practice this you will find that you will be lucky for the laser to come within one foot of the target. PRACTICE and then PRACTICE some more and you will find that you will be getting closer to the target, this is called point shooting, you are not looking at the gun sights just the target. Here again , MAKE SURE THAT THE GUN IS UNLOADED

1 Like

I use G Sight Laser…

You can use the app and see all your shots, it will even show your shots in order.
you can shoot at door knobs or any small objects, while watch tv, you can see the laser dot hit or miss the object you were aiming at. I give it a thumbs up. :+1:

3 Likes

USCCA posted a training offer recently from Next Level Training, maker of the SIRT pistols. I took the leap and purchased a 110 Glock style training pistol along with the training module. Excellent presentation. Have been using the SIRT laser pistol about the house for a month now. Have taken it to the range and alternated using the SIRT and live fire. This week I was particularly in the groove with a Glock 23 40 S&W having used the SIRT at home and at the range as suggested. It is a bit pricey, but well worth the investment.