Strangeness abounds....(On the lighter side of things)

I ordered 2 magazines from H&K recently (13 round magazines) and they arrived today.

The magazines were in a bag with the Prop65 warning…
WARNING: This product can expose you to lead, a chemical which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

So… let’s put a California required warning on equipment you can’t take to California… Seemed a bit humorous to me… :slight_smile:

(And yes, I’m aware the warning on the bag is for everything, including stuff they would send to Cali but it’s still mildly humorous to me. :wink: ).

3 Likes

Possibly leftover from “Freedom Week” :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I get a kick out of the case my Springfield 1911 came in. It has a big sticker on it: “Not Legal In California”. I love it. :grinning:

5 Likes

Yup, my P30 magazines said the same thing in the packaging.

3 Likes

I should make a bumper sticker with the not legal in CA on it. :grinning:

4 Likes

Just so happens these may have been 13 round 40cal P30 magazines that were backordered. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A 2021-08-25 20-49-44

4 Likes

Over the past three years I’ve become a big fan of Tecovas boots, having acquired five pair in under 36 months. I absolutely love the notice on several of their exotic leather products:
The Dillon - Caiman
NOTE: Can’t be shipped to California.

The Austin - Alligator
Note we are unable to ship products containing this leather to California addresses at this time

The Marshall - Crocodile
Note we are unable to ship products containing this leather to California addresses at this time

My collection includes two pairs of limited editions, not currently sold, one crocodile & calfskin and one python & calfskin. Each pair had the Can’t be shipped to California warning. That made them even more attractive.

1 Like

I bought a S.A. XDm .45 pistol at a Fleet Farm and on the side of the hard case it had in big bold print, Not Legal in California, because of the 13 round mags. Love Wisconsin. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I have a box of plastic straws, been considering doing some black marketing in Cali…

1 Like