Steel Core Gun Belts

Has anybody here ever used a Steel Core Gun Belt? I’m wondering how comfortable they are and how well they work.

Thanks,
Oddball :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Mine is Crossbreed-it is great.

4 Likes

I have two Bigfoot belts. (METAL CORE). One for home dry fire training and the other just hanging in the closet.

4 Likes

I use NEX Belt and really like them, many colors, patterns and buckle styles. :+1:

4 Likes

Doesn’t really seem like the best material for the job, but I’ve never used one with a steel core so I guess I wouldn’t actually know.

I find the beltman betls and Wilderness instructor/frequent flyer belts in 1 3/4" with internal/polymer stiffeners to be great.

3 Likes

I bought this one on Amazon last year, holds up my 1911 easily. $67

5 Likes

Happy anniversary @Oddball :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

@Oddball

3 Likes

@Oddball >>

Me thinks belts are like holsters, before your done you’ll have many to choose from. The important thing is to carry the iron.
Happy hunting.

4 Likes

@Karacal >> just checked this out, Good Stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks man :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks man, no negative waves :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ve been using the Daltech Bull Belts for years, but I’ve never tried the steel core because of wearing it all day every day, I just don’t know how comfortable it would be compared to the 1/4 inch thick leather belt.
Thanks,
Oddball

3 Likes

Not a steel core belt, but KORE ESSENTIALS makes an excellent strong carry belt. It will adjust by 1/4" settings. I’ve been using one for about two years now.

3 Likes

My first gun belt was not steel core. A few years later after use, I purchased the same brand gun belt but steel core. I like the steel core version a lot better.

2 Likes

I have a Hanks belt love it it does not sag they say it is a 100 year belt I tbink it is well worth the money

2 Likes

Yes, I have one from BullHide. Thought it was a good idea at the time but turned out not to be one of my favorite belts.

Not the most comfortable and sort of a pain to buckle and adjust. Haven’t found that there is much need for the steel core even wearing a full size M&P with a couple of mags.

I suppose the steel core might be good for someone standing security with a full load of accoutrements on their belt in addition to a holster but for every day carry mine just hangs in the closet most of three time.

If I had a fat friend that wanted it I would just give it to him. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been wearing a Big Foot belt for the past three years, both when carrying and those few times I don’t. It’s just as comfortable as a regular belt and it doesn’t sag.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for your input and experiences on this subject. It’s really helpful to me because I don’t want to waste a lot of money on something I can’t use, if I can help it. :sunglasses:

Oddball

3 Likes