Springfield Armory 911

I carry a CZ P-01 Omega but it tends to be a little large in the summer. At times I do wear shorts that you can not wear a belt with so on those occasions I am looking for a .380 carry option. Although I prefer decocker pistols there are few in .380 that fall into that category. The Walther PK380 is one but it is larger than the SIG P238, SA 911, and Ruger LCP II, the other options I am considering. My wife carries an LCP II and it is very small. The SA 911 is slightly larger as is the SIG but the SIG is a little more than I want to spend on a gun that will get carried only occasionally. Does anyone have any experience with the 911 you could share?

4 Likes

@Harleymac1:clap: for P-01 Omega. I thought this one is the Perfect One… :wink:
I’ll be happy to hear opinion about SA911 as well.

However I like full grip with my pinky on it.

3 Likes

IMO, the Colt Mustang was a good shooter, and would have been high on my list if I were to carry a cocked and locked 380 option. However, it has been over 20 years since I shot one… but I found myself renting it a lot back in the day.

3 Likes

You said that you like decockers, have you looked into the CZ RAMI at all? It is about the width of the SP01, but it is a smaller firearm. I know that it is not a .380 or as small as the Springfield, but I have a friend that really enjoys carrying his.

2 Likes

I should probably look at the RAMI as I am a huge CZ fan but it is close to 3x the cost of and LCP II and twice the cost of the 911 Alpha. It is hard for me to justify that kind of money for something I will carry very little. Pretty much what I am looking for is a lower cost, small, light gun that can get thrown in a pocket holster and carried when in sweats or gym shorts.

3 Likes

@Jerzees I LOVE my P-01 Omega. The problem is that in gym shorts or a pair of sweats the weight would have them down around my ankles. LOL

2 Likes

@Harleymac1
That’s true. Whole 75 series pistols are alu/steel and don’t work for gym shorts.
So none of CZs (small) will work for you… Or maybe you start using belly holster?

Hopefully somebody here has any experience with SA911.

2 Likes

Being a decocker fan I am somewhat concerned about getting an SA pistol and having to drop the safety. I have just started in USPSA and only have to draw and fire my Omega. I am going to get the SP-01 Tactical once I move up in classification for that because it is a decocker also. Not sure what kinds of confusion I would cause myself having the CZ’s and having to learn to drop the safety for the SA pistols. Maybe the LCP is the best choice.

2 Likes

Yep. The RAMI is probably not a good choice for gym shorts lol. I did shoot a little Kahr Arms .380 once. It was the most impressive pocket pistol I ever shot, and generally you can find them fairly cheap.

1 Like