Springfield 911 alpha hello

Hello everyone any opinions on remmington 1911 r1 enhanced model the pistol looks nice

1 Like

It’s a 1911A1 with a beaver tail and nice sights (except the glow stick will go dark in 30 rounds). It will go bang and chamber ball and most HP ammo out of the box. Accuracy will be average which is better than most can shoot it. It’s essentially just a 1911 clone.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Nice firearm. It was on my list one day.
It lost in favor of RIA 1911 after reading and watching hundreds reviews:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is it difficult to change the fiber optics

Question not for me… but please allow me to answer it.

This firearm has Novak style sight so simple punch and hammer work.
Very easy and can be done at home.
Are you going to install tritium?

Or… you just thinking about replacing fiber rod only?

No not really, most gun plumbers can do it with out breaking them should you choose for a nominal fee. If you own a vice and a brass drift pin you can do it for the cost of the sights. IIRC the R! is a NOVAK system and there are LOT’s of sights available from basic black to Adjustable Tritium.

I think @Jerzees did a fiber swap on his RIA till he got fed up with it and swapped in Tritium, not sure you can ask him he is quite friendly.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Well just in case they get dull and have to be changed

Easiest is to change the fiber rod for different color. It takes 1 minute. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you decide to have different sight, fe. tritium, you will need some tools to punch sight out and put the other in. (Hammer, wooden stick, bench block and sand paper)
It also can be done at home but requires few more minutes and patience.
I’ve used Meprolight as replacement. Check if the height is the same before ordering.

1 Like

Just my experience… I bought an R1. It had to be sent back, they sent me a new one. It also had problems… My experiences with Big Green have not been good. I will only buy older Remington products.

That being said, if one out of a thousand guns has a problem, which one do you think I will get?? :grinning:

But two guns from the same company not made right…

I think there are better 1911’s out there in that price range. Especially if you buy used.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

:thinking:

So one of the reviews I read could be yours, @Fred_G… Thx :+1:

1 Like

I dont use the sights on my hand weapons,I use Crimson Trace laser on demand sights,When I get a new hand weapon I put a laser sight on it,then put a laser in the barrel and then usde the weapons sight to see if the are on the money,then adjust the laser so all 3 are on the money,then I use only the laser for point shooting which saves seconds and where the laser his is where the round goes. I have never even used the weapons sights,it was mostly point shooting on take downs,when you are in dense Jungle and you have a confrontation It is draw and fire,no time to aim,and that is where the laser on demand come in and that is the way I practice,In fact the confrontation that I had,never enen remember aiming,just looked and saw the laser between his eyes, and then it was up to him alone if he wanted to continue forward or walk away.

@Layton I also don’t normally use my sights inside of 10 yards but for a different reason. I learned to “point shoot” in 1994 ish or more precisely the concept of “proprioceptive shooting” which is knowing where the parts of your body are at in relation to the other parts of the body. If I know where my feet are in relationship to the target I can make the shot with my eyes closed. That skill was honed with HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of rounds and no I’m not exaggerating, Thank you tax payers. I’m not a fan of things that require batteries, because batteries, to include GPS, lasers and other bits of kit for various purposes. The other up shot of this training is that you can fire from retention, extension or the holster with a reasonable amount of certainty that you are going to have a hit.

As the years have gone on it has also proven to be handy when you reach that age when your arms are too short to read or see the sights.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Craig,I did not use laser sights until about 15 years ago,but as in the confrontation that I had,I do believe that he would have continued from the look in his eyes,he was going to keep coming until he went cross eyed looking at his nose,then the realization that he was down if he took another step caused him to realize that I was serious,and no I dont explicitly rely on the laser

@Layton I’m not casting dispersion’s on your choice of tooling. To quote a friend, “If it works it’s not stupid.” I’m glad your confrontation came out to your benefit. Since you pinged me on a thread that had nothing to do with point shooting or my responses to the thread I A$$uMe’d you were referring to my comments on other threads and I shared my concept of proprioceptive shooting and my dislike for all things batteries on an SD tool. That said I have had many hours of fun absolutely infuriating dogs and cats with lasers and flash lights and do find lasers instructive when dry firing but even with my eyes going away up close I haven’t found the need for a laser/flashlight on my carry gun however I am considering said combo for a HD platform. What combo do you use?

Cheers,

Craig6

Sorry Craig I am old school and dont really know what all the abbreviations really mean, some I can figure out,Dont know what HD really means. As for my weapons systems,my pistols all have the Crimson Trace lasers on then either on the rs grip or on the trigger guard and all have the on demand button under the guard and my middle finger engages the laser when I want it activated and release the button when I dont want it used and as for my carry ammo i have DRT ammo,they are frangible and will pass through objects until they contact,then they will explode,the same as putting one drop of mercury in a hollow point or regular round nose as we did where I saw action. As for my Rifles i also have the on demand lasers on all of them but are on the rs forearm and have a forearm grip on them and use my left thumb to engage the on demand button,I dont use and flash lights on any weapons,just a phobia that I have about it showing where I am,all my rifles have DAY/NIGHT Thermal on them with built in Range finders,in other words all the bells and whistles.I am basically self trained ,but have watched and read the Videos and articals and they are along the same areas that I train on,The most important to me is the Motor memory training. I just train to survive and not to be a victim.

Sorry every one,for getting off subject here

And THAT is the important part and why we are all here. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Cheers,

Craig6