Social media "trend"

Inspired by Jussie the hoaxer?

2 Likes

Very possible.

2 Likes

Had 3 of them here. They would send out a message telling all of the students it was a ā€œSchool from Homeā€ day. So far, none have proven to be anything but stupid kids doing stupid stuff.

3 Likes

This country needs to make stupid painful, again.

15 Likes

Takes a while for Tik Tok fads to work through the time zones, but yes. Arrests and charges late in the week from Oregon and Washington also. Never too soon to demonstrate to your peers how a social media trail can mess up oneā€™s futureā€¦

Different from M80 in the bathroom, or some things never change?

5 Likes

Dat be racist.

1 Like

is there anything that isnā€™t? I woke up this morning and got out of bed, I must be racist for just breathing.
Itā€™s not about black, white or any color of anyoneā€™s skin, it is about division of Americans. When they can divide us they can control us. Itā€™s Freedom vs slavery for ALL!!
How many kids today have a clue what their constitution says? If they donā€™t even know what it says, how the do they know what it stands for, what it means!! They may hear some twisted version spewed from the liberal college professor or a career Politian trying to convince them they know the constitution and they are fighting for it and for YOU!! HAā€¦BS.
We have Political Prisoners right now being held Unconstitutionally, we have a tyrannical government taking away our freedoms more and more each day. WE must take back our country, our constitution demands it as Free people.
My Uncle was killed in Vietnam I have a dear friend who died because of the agent orange that the government sprayed on our military during Vietnam. My family comes from a long line of warriorsā€¦I will not stand one day and tell them and every other man who fought and died that I let them die for nothing!!!

4 Likes

From the kids doing this perspective it is likely some things never change in their minds. But in this climate of fear and fear mongering the impacts on the school (even if it is just an m80 in the bathroom) and the consequences for those doing it are much greater.

3 Likes

I was being a little bit smug and snarky. The consequences for everybody of adolescent acting out after a generation of internet copycat and media celebrity-making of violent actors do seem more grim than funny.

Children without parenting and community may be the death of us all. :roll_eyes:
Oh, there I go again.

4 Likes

In college people use to phone in bomb threats around midterms and finals. Now kids do it just because a moron on TicTok says so?Payphones were hard to track, IP addresses not so much.

3 Likes

ā€œMake stupid painful again.ā€ Abso***lutely true.

1 Like