Social Media and Legal Defense Don't Mix!

The best I could gather is that their mom died. Assuming there is a medical negligence claim, it would be handled through a contingency fee and the siblings wouldn’t need to pay anything unless there was a recovery. Assuming this is in KY, abandoning a spouse is not a recognized cause of action so they could not sue the husband. But, if they were legally married at her death, he would possibly be entitled to a share of any recovery in the medical negligence claim. I think they want to pursue the claim but do not want the husband to get any.

3 Likes

@MikeBKY @Dawn I think I’ll just wait until the movie comes out.

4 Likes

Translation:

Dear sir or madam,
I am a permanent victim who is looking for someone to blame for my life of leisure and lack of lottery winnings. I have been entertained by the advertisements of lawyers offering to sue my doctors for their failure to make my life perfect, and would like your assurance that I can have a piece of that pie. I don’t want to pay an attorney, or pick up my phone to call one, rather, I would like your free advise online and reassurance that the doctors I never met are at fault for letting my step father carry on multiple relationships. Please let me know how to obtain my jackpot lawsuit winnings.
Sincerely,
Millennial Manchild

3 Likes

It’s actually a sad situation. Whether it’s a psychological need for reassurance, a personal need for acceptance or (worst case scenario) a desire to expand your 15 seconds of fame for financial gain we need to resist the urge to ever boast about such an event in our lives. And, boasting will be how the legal and/or CC hating world will view it.
Except for forums and “official” outlets such as this I personally think it is wise for the CC community, law enforcement, military personnel to avoid the mass regurgitating social media.

3 Likes

I would add that not only should you not talk about events that have occurred in the past, but all too often I see people commenting on what they would do in a given circumstance. I don’t know if these type of statements could be used against someone, but a bunch of macho chest beating on social media about hypothetical scenarios could not help.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Thomas100. Commenting on what would you do type training scenarios can work against you or for you depending on how you respond.

The reason the USCCA posts what would you do questions is to help your mentally train for a variety of different self-defense scenarios (your body can’t go where your mind hasn’t been). Well thought out answers can work in your favor proving you’re training to avoid bad situations and not shoot unless there was no other choice.

However, if your answers are cocky “shoot 'em all” that will definitely work against you.

That type of behavior can hurt you across the board. :confused:

Great point, @Thomas100!

4 Likes

Makes sense, dont give them ammo to use against you!!

3 Likes