Shot Placement?

If you have young kids with you, there is no running away. Wherever you are with that stroller, you are backed into the corner.

2 Likes

Shooting the pelvic girdle is a good choice. You can get an immediate movement stop. But it really comes down to what’s behind your target. So in my mind I take the one with lowest chance of endangering others.

2 Likes

That would justify a straight to the head shot.

1 Like

I can’t really think of a position I’m ever put in where I’m backed into the corner with a stroller. That being said, I choose to carry what I believe to be enough to survive a fight if put in a pickle like you mention.

3 Likes

I like that.
Although I couldn’t help but think… what a big disparity there is between a small fight and a big one.
I’m not carrying a full combat load. I can’t justify it.

3 Likes

That’s been a long going discussion here.

1 Like

Thanks for you response. What I posted regarding a where you aim and shoot is based on my training we follow our training it keeps us safe and defends us in the legal system. I have been trained by and with Lethal Force Institute, Hank Reinhard knife counter knife. American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers, NRA and Gun Owners Action League, EMT training Salem State, others. We are all getting training good training with USCCA.

The USCCA has a good training on this. I knew some one would GO to Google training. So I checked. Both are true but different. the brain will stop in 1 min and brain being able to" function" to stand and fight will stop immediately they fall to the ground a stop.

That is done if you get no reaction they have a bulletproof vest on shoot head or below belt pelvis

I’ve never heard someone at the end of a firefight complain about he had to much ammo.

Try carrying around a 240 and a couple of ammo cans everywhere and see if he still has no complaints.

1 Like

If he still had all of that after everywhere. He didn’t get into any firefights. But when the fecal matter hit the impellor blade at speed. I’m willing to bet he was glad to have every single round

Your sorces are very impressive. I can refer you to the video and account of Drejka/McGlockton confrontation, a well publicized case. Mr McGlockton suffered a shot to the heart with a .40, you can see him place his hand on the wound, and you can see he was able to run about 30 ft, and speak with people in the convenience store before he collapsed.

1 Like

There are plenty of examples of people who took many rounds that would eventually be fatal but continued to fight for a while. Tim Grammins and Jared Reston are two examples

2 Likes

I was listening to an old video from Tu today and he was talking about putting two rounds in somebody and they’re still standing. But shooting two rounds was what he was trained for and he realized he needed to put more rounds on the combatant.

1 Like

1984 I heard about a guy on Angel Dust( PCP) was shot 104 times before becoming incapacitated. He later died at the hospital.

Just another thought!

2 Likes

Yes, if do not have a hard plate

9mm? May have to go back to Federal 357 MAGNUM Hi-VEOCITY 125 grain jacketed hollow point

2 Likes

LFI Massad Ayood told a similar training story. That is why I carry a Hyfin Vent entry/ exit wound pack

I actually re read this thread from top to bottom. The final takeaway is that sometimes bad guys stop when you shoot them, sometimes they don’t. As CCW carriers with limited access to ammunition (1 mag mebby 2) it is incumbent on us to be able to evaluate the shots that we HAVE taken and adjust fire as needed. That may be pelvis, head (assassin drivel aside) or more to the chest. That is really simple to say, however, when the feculent matter hits the rotary oscillating device it would be prudent for us to have trained in more than one capacity than something that is proving RIGHT NOW to be ineffective.

I recognize that there are different levels of skill across this board. Some here consider it a good day to keep all shots on an 11" x 17" target, others are ripping the center out of a 2" dot with room on the edges and everywhere in between. If you are of the former it will serve you well but more practice is in your future. If you are of the latter I challenge you to engage multiple DIFFERENT targets in DIFFERENT locations in the same magazine.

Nobody can predict how they will react in a gun fight. Even those who have been in one or more than one cannot predict how the next one will go. The one constant of most gun fight survivors is “I did what I (was) trained/practiced to do.” Practice to be proficient or better and then practice to be diverse in stopping power and NEVER stop honing the edge of your tools.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they CAN’T get it wrong.

Seek to be professional.

Cheers,

Craig6

14 Likes