Road Trip with Handgun

Someone might have already mentioned the USCCA phone ap. I dowloaded it for free. I could be wrong, but I thought that it might send you alerts about other states once its GPS senses that you have crossed state lines. I found this below on the USCCA website.

It is also a good idea to have relevant documents when carrying a gun while traveling:

· Copies of your valid concealed carry permit(s)

· A copy of the Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA)

· Copies of 18 USC § 926A code regarding interstate transportation of firearms

· Printed reciprocity map(s) showing the states that recognize and honor your firearms permit

· Documents proving that you legally own the firearms you are transporting

4 Likes

@Burdo The app will notify you once you’ve entered into another state provided you have inputted your account information including home state, permit(s) and selected the “alert when crossing state line” notification. Not to mention, any phone notification setting.

I have noticed from time to time the alert will switch to “off” mode.

2 Likes

Thank you everybody for providing great information. I have a lot more confidence (knowledge is power) to travel legally with my firearm. My right to defend myself is paramount to me. I would have drove around Illinois if I had to to stay legal even though I feel that I should be covered by the 2nd Amendment throughout America!

4 Likes