RIA Striker Fired Pistol

Rock Island Armory, known as 1911 manufacturer, made its first striker fired pistol.

STK100:

A 2021-06-14 11-57-14

8 Likes

A sharp looking firearm and it looks perfect for home defense and conceal carry.

2 Likes

It’s not Tupperware!

3 Likes

Interesting… Looks like Glock style controls, Glock mag, and aluminum 1911 grip shaped frame. It will be interesting to see the reviews.

2 Likes

It looks attractive to residents of free states. It’s not designed with CA, MA or NY in mind.

3 Likes

Yeah I want one

3 Likes

I do not get very excited about the corp of “New” guns. It appears that the new models have been produced by a single group of engineers. The designs have their base in a weapon designed, developed, and produced by one man, John Moses Browning more than 100 years ago. Since the hard work was done, the slackers, for the most part, have been riding on his coattails. True, a few producers have made upgrades, HellCat, Glock, Sig, or an M&P the units are basically the same. I understand that catchy names and low prices sell the product and after all the name of the game is volume and shaving a few cents off can make or break a young accountant’s career.
I just bought a Bereta Model 1934, manufactured in 1967, all-metal, beautiful machine work, precise fitting of parts, the only design clues shared with the 1911 is being semi-automatic.
The plastic fantastic pistols of today do not impress me. Give me an old S&W 686 or a Dan Wesson and I will be happy.
Buy what you want to shoot and what fits and fills your needs, but I can not get excited about the new crop of guns.

Larry

2 Likes

I don’t like spinach.

5 Likes

As @larry84 mentioned - it’s too early to be excited.
However STK100 seems to combine 1911 frame type (with grip angle) with Glockish controls and slide. This may be a really interesting marriage.
Unfortunately, as always RIA doesn’t like left handed shooters. :pensive:

2 Likes

Exactly!
The closest I have is a Citadel 1911, just wish the magazine release was switchable.

3 Likes

Only Dan Wesson was smart enough to make mag release button reversible. (DWX model)
Is still don’t get it why modern 1911 cannot have it as a standard?

2 Likes

Atleast Ri sells parts, Springfield doesn’t sell anything but magazines and hats!
I contacted them about getting an extension barrel and comp for my Heckcat.

3 Likes

Let’s see what happens with STK100’s parts, once the pistol becomes available.
Thx God I withstood with M&P Shield Plus purchase… now I would have to stick with 2 magazines only.
Looks that is the problem with most of new productions.

3 Likes

I’ve read it takes Glock mags. so a couple of points for that

2 Likes

First look, albeit blindfolded :eyes:

Trade secrets swapped for a postage stamp? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Anyone got STK?
It seemed to be a success. Armscor is bringing new models this year - STK150, STK200.

2 Likes