Review Your Concealed Carry Firearm

I give my EDC Sig P365 XL NRA edition with Romeo Zero 5 stars. Fits nicely in my hand, love the co-witness of the iron sights with my Romeo Zero and the capacity of 15+1 is really nice. Comfort and concealabilty is also really nice with my Tier One Axis Elite AIWB holster.

1 Like

My Centennial is near perfect for me, other than when ejecting empties—it’s the curse of every S&W 1-7/8" barrel Roscoe,

2 Likes

I am reviewing my Kimber Custom TLE II in 45 ACP. I like the fact that it is in 45. I like the night sights. Really I have not found anything that I don’t like about it. I like the idea that it full-size.

3 Likes

Welcome brother Charles to this wonderful family.

Just purchased a Taurus G2C and love it. Love the capacity, got the 15 round mag for it, and the all around feel of it. I did change the trigger to a single action trigger and it is alot better than the trigger that it came with. Also put night sights on it. All in all a great gun for the money.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family David.

Thank you

1 Like

welcome Charles

1 Like

Welcome on board David

1 Like

Sig Sauer p239 Legion. Compact, easy to conceal in summer clothing, extremely reliable, can pack a serious punch with the right ammo.

2 Likes

Sig 365SAS. I gave it 4 stars on only one issue, the ported barrel. Great idea but the reality is a bit of flash from the ports and you may get some powder debris if you have to shoot close to your body or in a vehicle. The gun is really light easy to shoot and conceals well but you have to practice with the sights to get accurate longer shots. Points natural for me so quick close shots are easy.

3 Likes

When I saw this gun originally, I thought it was silly. That was until I realized it was designed for closer quick target acquisition. It makes a lot of sense and I now think it’s a pretty cool little firearm.

1 Like

Walther PPQ Q4 Tac in a Clinger No Print Wonder IWB at 4 o’clock.

What I like:

• Fits well in my hand with the large backstrap. I only need to adjust my finger slightly to get good positioning.
  • Accurate. I get good grouping and have to really try to miss with it.
  • The trigger is very smooth and easy. Just make sure you’ve got good trigger discipline.
  • While I haven’t tried +P, it fires everything I’ve put in it.

What I don’t like:

• The rear sight is on the optic plate so I can’t get cowitness an RDS.
  • Threaded barrel classifies it as an assault weapon so it is one stroke of a pen from being involved in an unfortunate boating accident.
  • Size. While I can conceal it easily enough, I would like something a little smaller. The Sig P365 without extension is too small.
2 Likes

Been rocking a 365 since it came out and has over 8,000 round through it with only 2 jams. I have gone through the gun top to bottom 10 time thinking I need to start replacing springs, striker, and such but have found no difference compared to my other 365 and 365xl. Love the size and the capacity. I tried the Hellcat out but found the trigger sloppy and just did not fit me well so sold it off to get the XL. My wife rock a Walther PPS and my son the 365 XL (my old one) and daughter-in-law has the Glock 43 so I have shot a lot of the compact guns and this one fits me best.

1 Like

I have a .40 S&W Sheild and love it. If I’d have to do it over again I’d have gotten a subcompact M&P in .40 purely for the extra ammo capacity.
I also wish they offered them in .357 sig thinking about switching over but checking on weather its viable or not to do it. I know I can get conversion barrels for it but not sure if its wise.
If not I’m going to get me a glock or sig chambered in that round.

1 Like

XDM 9mm/XDS 9mm Mod 2

Both are reliable and feature filled. My only complaints are:
XDM … wish I and one with 15 round double stack mag that stood 5” tall
XDS … want the 8 rd mag to be the std mag with no extention. Trigger not that great.

I give both 4.5 Stars as they are extremely reliable with all ammo I have tried

1 Like

My edc is an ever evolving thing. The newest I just recieved from CZ Customs. A Shadow Tac ll that I had them put a straight trigger in and make SAO. Although I only have one range trip with it she is likely the finest firearm I have ever owned. That covers 35 years and more firearms than I could count anymore!

2 Likes

I am new to the CCW world (April 2020). My current EDC is the Walther PPQ M2 subcompact 10 +1 and use a IWB holster. I give the gun 5 rating. The trigger is amazing and so far no issues. Give it 4 stars for carrying. Gun and holster weighs about 2.5 pounds. Only uncomfortable when sitting for long periods.
Looking to get either the Sig P365 or Springfield Hellcat for my EDC. Having a hard time choosing between them.

2 Likes

I am leaning towards buying the P365 as well. However, I do like the Hellcat’s look better and how it fits in my hand, slightly better the the P365. I did get the chance to shoot the P365 and it “did not disappoint”. Hellcat was unavailable to try. Reviews don’t help, because they are both good guns.

You can’t go wrong with either one. They are almost identical in shape, size, ergos, and I believe capacity, Shoot them both and also see which one feels better in your hand. They are both easy to conceal.