Remanufactured Ammo

Howdy all! This is an interesting topic. I completed a study on manufactured ammunition. Remington, Winchester, Federal, and Hornady. I did this with shot-shells. Buck shot 00, 000 and #1. I found so many inconsistencies in propellant and projectiles. The charge weights were all over the place. The projectile diameter sizes were smaller in size in most cases. Now I did not do this for scientific reasons, I was just curious what I was buying. I have been hand-loading for many years and I will say this, when you are in control of your ammunition, it does make a big difference.

I think that hand-loading or just reloading is a good experience for gun owners. It gives you a complete understanding of what is going on internally. Also, it helps so much to keep you shooting consistently, when you have high quality consistent ammunition.

2 Likes

I know of a few re-manufacturers Iā€™d trust, like Black Hills and Hunterā€™s Shack Munitions, however there are many more I wouldnā€™t.
Pounding a squib bullet out of your barrel tends to make a fellow kind of opinionated :unamused:

1 Like