"RED FLAG" Bill Agenda being pushed?

These RED FLAG laws are the topic this morning on Glen Beck. Spurred me to start my membership with USCCA and become part of the discussion. Although this will be publicized as an effort to reinforce laws already in place, the future impact will incapacitate the second amendment. It will allow those who impose them to define what constitutes “RED FLAGS”.

2 Likes

@Zee OMG are you serious??? Mannn I’m so sorry for to hear this I can even imagine to begin to comprehend how you you felt or the experience you had to endure… Former LEO myself DHS tactical recon team so I know the type of aggression we use when we’re called out to a high level situation. heart Race, Our minds are programmed to believe we’re going to War. Straight Up! Of course we’re trained to control that aggression and focus on our training and task at hand. Crazy for a false report for somebody being scared making sudden move can go wrong fast… Police don’t realize people are really afraid Police, people scare normally move from the situation is a human reaction…
Sad Police only doing their job but putting themselves in danger too on the other hand not for you stand point of view. Anytime a breach is carried out there’s an uncertainty when it comes to entering a home. Somebody gotta be first… You know what I mean… I first heard about Swatting was back in 2010 in Houston, TX. this native family pissed somebody off in there neighborhood for taking up somebody parking place on the public street. Common altercation nothing new under the sun. Cool family Husband Head Football Coach, volunteer at the VA, helped food bank etc… Always helped people in the community if there car won’t start great over handy man guy. That parking place was in front of there own home but on public street. All the man did was parking his car while the other car approached. Home owner got out of his car and these wicked dude began using racial name calling… The rest of the neighborhood heard and soon the visitor from outside the community found themselves out manned. Out of nowhere 3 days later We witnessed “Harris County” Sheriff Swat Teams Raided the home and put all the adults in handcuffs and separated the kids adults and kids. Neighbors including ourselves told them what happen prior days ahead… They had no reason to invaded this family. It was said they were reported shoot we’re being fired and people screaming from the home. SMH… That even pissed me off b/c I’m half native and these people never harmed nobody always helped people. This man was the type of person you knock on his door for something, if he doesn’t have he’ll make it happen to figure something so you don’t walk away empty landed. That’s old school res principles…
I would never live in CA again.
My wife said we should’ve stayed in Houston, TX. She hates Colorado, I’m not a fan of the state neither. But we’re here now. I know what you’re referring to with long hair in the 90’s was looked like there you some whatever. Honestly never seen anyone beside my own harassed by Police but heard stories… I could’ve had my wife call but she was getting our kids prepared in case we had to flee the vehicle on foot. We have gear for our kids in just case. So we was preoccupied with the kids. It was in rush hour and I was worried about breaking the law was more concerned with pay attention to our motorist that are of most impatient drivers in all the states we lived in. Road Rage is really really bad in Colorado. So I had to ensure I paid attention to the road. Now, I have upgraded to wireless head phones that works without a single touch voice commands. I learned about how some the feedback everyone’s been given… Hang in there also sister sounds like we’re all fighting the same fight in Unfair Injustice Equality Double Standard Society.

1 Like

Welcome to the Family Sir @Gregory_S Interesting topic that raise concerns with my family and I since the state we lived in and move too has different laws. Currently state allows us to open carry in the entire state beside snowflake alley better known as City of Denver. Sad crime is on the raise b/c criminal realize guns are banned from carrying and it cost a lot pay for CCW in this state.
I was the original person that posted the thread topic b/c of my background and who i am as a person. My race… Just needed some legal advice in case something shall ever happen which it did, it never fails… This community has some greatest knowledge and expertise around. Everyone is very open, positive and willing to education, train and even encourage you when needed. You have everyone’s support! Best move I made was signing up to become a member of #USCCA Welcome Brother!

1 Like

Ahem… I’ll ask you to make sure you’re being respectful. No name calling please.

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

Dude @WildRose i could chest bump you right now like 3 times this is sooooooo on point. During the Florida shootings myself and few of my former VETS, LEO’s and other related folks went to propose an agreement to allow us to protect our kids schools. A lot of my inner circle is former LEO’s, DHS, Military, now currently most of us run private security guard companies. Specialize service the Marjana This would required legal armed licensed security guards registered by the state of Colorado. The city rejected our offers b/c we had a concern for the safety of our children and other people children…
Your right about LEO’s and Federal organization fail to recognize the real problem.

2 Likes

There was no disrespect intended. Who was in direct towards? Nobody in particular… Was there someone’s name attached? I don’t recall… 1st Amendment allows us to speak freely as long as its not directed to intended to harm or hurt anyone in particular…

An amendment to the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1791 as part of the Bill of Rights, prohibiting Congress from interfering with freedom of religion, speech, assembly, or petition.

1 Like

You’re right, @rwsisson, the 1st Amendment does give you the freedom of speech and prohibits Congress from interfering with that freedom. But our Community Standards calls for respectful conversation and name-calling isn’t respectful - even if it’s about a city.

I’m requesting you refrain from name-calling in the Community. :slight_smile:
Thanks!

2 Likes

@WildRose Understood my bad…

That’s exactly what kept us out of jail. I have OWLCAM front/rear cams and inside cams in all our vehicles with Audio/Video front/rear cameras. Ultimately what everyone is saying doesn’t happen when it comes to local law enforcement. The person that was caused the entire incident LEO’s let him drive off while LEO’s and supervisor kept us at the service station over an hour trying to provide evidence of our innocents. Everything you’re say I couldn’t agree more. I thought so too. We’ve never heard back from the Police Dept regarding the incident tells us nothing was done to this guy every law you mentioned was broke but justice wasn’t served but false accused we were…

I truly want to believe this paragraph here my friend i really do:>
Cops would much rather show up to investigate an incident like that rather than after it has turned violent and the hour or so he’d have spent with the police there before being released while being searched and grilled would have been at a minimum “educational”.

This is a Texas common law like driving the left lane. LEO’s respect it and act it on faster that you can say “Cat In The Hat” Texas don’t play aggressive erotic driving habits.

I’ve tried to report aggressive drivers in Northern Denver suburbs only found one Police agency that really acts on it and encourages us to call if we seen anything else. The rest many small agency bush you off like we’re burdening them. But car insurance and rear ends are common in the Denver Metro Areas. I seen two on the way to work and I’m only 9 miles away from my home to work.

I was really concerned it wasn’t going to work out . I had to my hardest to prove my innocents when their was witnesses that seen it all and pulled in to watch but never spoke up in our defense…

I am going to keep this pointer about report An Aggressive Driver in Colorado… Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Understood…

2 Likes

Red Flag laws are coming. As responsible gun enthusiasts we need to lobby for the inclusion of stuff penalties for false or harrassment types of reports.

3 Likes

This ain’t your Daddy’s California. Today it was announced there’s more Dems than Repubs registered in Orange County, the true bastion of the conservatives. John Wayne and Walter Knott (Knotts Berry Farm ) are spinning.

3 Likes

IMA going down a slightly different road from the Red Flag laws which are reactionary and based on opinion, but my observation is (I believe) germain to the conversation.

One of our recent mass shooters had a significant history of issues while in H.S. with death and rape lists. Those things are a matter of record in the juvenile court system but are “sealed” once the individual turn’s 18 as I understand it. I’ve not looked it up but I believe the Parkland shooter as well as the black church shooter (don’t remember his name all had significant issues while in school.

The President said he was for more enhanced background checks, I don’t believe that he is going down the “Universal background check” road but I can’t help wonder if it wouldn’t be beneficial to propose that for the purposes of an federal/state background check for the purposes of buying a firearm from an FFL that the school records be evaluated for oh lets say 10 years following the 18th birthday of the individual?

Conceptually the state police (who perform the background checks) have access to school / mental health records. Would that not encompass the great majority of recent mass shooters? Obviously nothing will stop someone that suddenly trips off line, but I recall several instances of shooters having issues in H.S. that should have thrown a flag but because they happened before they were 18 the S.P could not access it.

What say you?

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

We don’t need squads of cops or swat teams in schools to either deter the threats or neutralize them when they do arise.

We have a school guardian program here in TX that allows teachers and staff to be specifically trained in how to deal with these threats. If we opened that program up to licensees who don’t work for the schools, particularly combat arms veterans who have already had very similar training to work part time or just to act as volunteers we’d have an inexhaustible resource that would cost the state and districts next to nothing.

When you figure in the total cost of employment, even a $40,000.00 dollar a year cop is costing 80-90k to employ.

We could train, equip, and keep current these volunteers for under a thousand dollars a year each and many of us would volunteer to foot the costs ourselves.

Gov’t by it’s very nature however wants control and to grow it’s power.

3 Likes

We also need to make it plain that due process comes first and that the state should be responsible for providing representation for the accused unless and until they are deemed a danger to themselves and others, forcibly committed, and declared incompetent.

If those findings are not made then all of the costs should be borne by the accuser along with jail time.

You just think “Doxxing” is bad, this will be come the new “swatting” and pretty well every gun owner will at some point be targeted no matter how responsible they are by the anti gun leftists.

3 Likes

I say you’re right on but as we’ve seen in several of the massacres in many cases like Parkland LEO’s had repeated negative contacts with these eventual shooters and even though they had everything necessary to go forward with a competency hearing, chose not to.

We’re also fighting the new liberal movement to “break the classroom to prison pipeline” so more and more schools are refusing to involve police even when there is clear cause to do so.

Don’t be fooled, the anti gun movement isn’t about saving lives or protecting rights, it’s simply about using any means necessary to disarm as much of the public as possible.

3 Likes

East German attitude for sure. The Stasi had a huge network of citizens informing on each other. The informants were rewarded with more access to better housing, goods, etc.

3 Likes

In CA there is Penal Code section 415.3

“Using offensive words in a public place likely to result in an immediate violent reaction.”

It’s a misdemeanor. So the officer has to witness it or you have to make a citizen’s arrest. Still it is on the books. If you have video/ audio of it that is evidence. A report can be written and the package submitted to the D.A. for consideration of prosecution. There are “hate crime” enhancements at sentencing here if the crime is one where the motive was clearly based on the victim’s race, religion., sexual preference, age, etc.

2 Likes

Plenty of retired cops would do it. Most retire in their early 50s.

2 Likes

Red flag laws will never be invoked to 100% ensure validity of cause. As witnessed in the current political environment, the far left individuals would endeavor to obtain a list of legal gun owners and then systematically make unfounded allegations. Everything about the gun control movement is based on emotion. Intelligent people should fully understand that when a person enters a FFL licensed to sell firearms, that individual is a legal American citizen wanting to purchase a gun. The federal paperwork has a background requirement and then each state tacks on their revenue generating requirements. The criminal element will not attempt to purchase a firearm from A FFL dealer. They have access to the back alley gun sales. The deterrent is to ENFORCE the current laws without exception. Make it a federal penalty for any state to devise gun laws and let the federals devise an all encompassing law including CCW requirements. In closing, I am 78 YO and received my first gun at 6 YO. Since that time none of my firearms have jumped out and discharged itself.

2 Likes

Whose going to foot the bill for liability?

1 Like