Recall Campaigns for Politicians Who Violate the 2A

I think most here recognize that our 2A Rights are about to be even more massively infringed upon. I think we need to use every avenue available to protect them. Some states allow for recall votes of politicians at both the state and federal levels. I suggest the following action be taken:

If a 2A law is brought to committee or the floor, we need to get as many people as possible to tell (write, call, visit) their elected officials that if they vote for this unconstitutional bill you will be forced to support the recall process due to their violation of Constitutional law. If the politician still expresses support for the law then the process needs to be started immediately. Aside from going through the necessary hoops, we need to tell the opposing party to find a suitable opponent (Not the same old kleptocrats that lost to the 2A violator in the first place). It needs to be someone who will not just tell us they like guns and the 2A but someone who is a true supporter and who will have an appeal to the maximum number of voters so they can actually win. I have begun looking into the process here in AZ and will try finding good none corrupt people with the political savvy and 2A conviction to pull it off.

7 Likes

Sadly, we’ll need more than 2A to get people to support recall efforts.
Start with attack on small businesses with tyrannical stay-at-home orders.

3 Likes

Laws seem to vary by state but you usually only need a certain number of signatures to start the process. With the margins in the senate and the house so close we only need to persuade a few politicians to vote against the proposed unconstitutional laws. Just getting several thousand constituants saying they are willing to start the process could be enough to make red and purple state politicians think twice.

Lisa Murkowski of Alaska is considering switching parties.

Personally I don’t care what party anyone is in. As long as they are not acting in a corrupt manor or violating people’s constitutional rights, it’s all good with me.

5 Likes

Well after all the calls to the glory of the constitution over the last week, this should not be an issue.:joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

If those who work for us don’t do the jobs they promised to do. We need to move on to the next contestant

Mainly when they took the job. They swore to protect and defend the Constitution. If they violate that oath its grounds for imediate dismissal I think

2 Likes

I agree. If the anti gun folks believe people should be disarmed or their rights infringed upon then they must follow the path laid out in the constitution by getting a new constitutional amendment that changes our negates the 2A. Otherwise they are violating the constitution and should face legal consequences for their actions.

1 Like

I think I posted this comment before. Had a friend I was talking to about 2A rights one evening. He said he wasnt worried about it ,Didnt effect him. Well is into building cars/old street rods. I told him one day they would come and tell him that all his old cars are a public health issue due to emissions and that they were banned and he could no longer register them to drive. They would take them off his hands and crush them for his own good. Or he could pay a special tax to keep them. Requirements is he take the engines out so he cant crank them. Opinion changed pretty quick when it was something against his interests

5 Likes

Yep. And that’s what we need to communicate.

1 Like

Funny how that works, don’t it?

2 Likes