Realistically How Concerned Should I Be About Sweat?

Living in NC by the ocean is not much better. I would buy a new Stainless grill and it would be good for 2 MAYBE 3 years no matter brand or quality. The burners and grates would go first and even though some manufacturers give you “free” replacements the hassle wasn’t worth it so you just learn to shop sales for the next one…

And BTW some of the MOST miserable days I’ve ever had were only in the 90s, mostly in New York City, North Carolina and Florida. Humidity would hit unbearable levels and at that point your sweat does not even evaporate, you are just drenched walking from your front door to the car, never mind spending an afternoon in the range. Here anything under 110 is rather bearable because your sweat evaporates almost immediately, you never have that drenching sweat feeling. Then over 110, screw it, that’s just HOT, low humidity or not…

7 Likes

Yousers… sure is comforting to get the flu report considering it’s the middle of summer. :wink:

1 Like

When camping in the height of the summer, I’ll build a fire then sit next to it to cool off waiting for the fire to cook down to coals so I could cook dinner. When you walk away from the fire pit it feels so much cooler :face_with_peeking_eye:

Yea, I’ve lived in NC all my life and a lot of it without AC. I went to southern Louisiana one summer to visit some relatives and I swear it was worse than NC. I couldn’t even walk out the door without sweating. I thought I would never go to places like Arizona or New Mexico. Went to both and many others a few years ago for a vacation and 104 seemed nice compared to 90 in NC. Slept in the bed of my truck almost the whole month trip and was only hot one night in Carlsbad, NM.

4 Likes

Not concerned.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

1 Like

Oh I had the pleasure of living in New Orleans for almost two years. Love the city but damn, summers are ridiculous. And trying to keep fleas and ticks off my dogs was an ever losing battle…

4 Likes

Same in KY. What I hate is that fleas become “immune” to certain drops and have no effect. This week I had to find another brand of drops to put on my dogs.

1 Like

Yep, drops and collars became outright ineffective. We finally went to just dipping the animals in a tub. the good news is that with all the splashing I would get rid of my fleas too :rofl:

4 Likes

Man I’ve been there once in my entire life and must have gotten lucky because I didn’t think it was that bad. Everyone else I know that’s been there has said differently. I was also 24 and I swear something about being a certain age makes crap weather less noticeable.

1 Like

Oh it’s not bad for about 7-8 months out of the year but late June through September? Just sucks…. I was stuck in a traffic jam that was just a standstill on I-10 when my AC just quit in my car. I couldn’t go anywhere or get off an exit as the radio announced it was 98° and the humidity was over 90%. First time I thought being in a car was going to kill me…

4 Likes

@William191 @Enzo_T … Have you thought about or considered …

https://www.chewy.com/flea-away-flea-tick-oral-treatment/dp/105329

For our Sheppard/lab mix it works well. We give it to her from April to November.

1 Like

Oh thanks! Yeah, we have our current furry demon on something like that but living in the dessert now fleas and ticks are not much of a concern. Those did not exist the few decades ago when I lived in New Orleans. It was either collars, drops between the shoulder blades or dipping.

2 Likes

Quite welcome. My wife and I are not big on chemical exposure regarding Raven ( our pup). We always used a holistic vet and supplement her diet with Standard Process supplements in addition to the Flea Away. Stay cool and enjoy the “dry” heat😵‍💫.

1 Like

Hey it’s party time. Expected to be under 110° all week!
:+1:t2::beers:

2 Likes

21822l

2 Likes

Man and I thought getting stuck in traffic for 5 minutes in central IL with a weak AC was bad. I can’t honestly imagine just how bad that would be. Be half tempting just to abandon the car at that point.

1 Like

I thought about it, then decided that walking away form my car in the middle of a totally stopped I-10 in NOLA would probably be just as deadly as staying…

2 Likes

Got me a couple of cordless fans for the car. The kind which can be attached in varied directions, for ease/convenience. Used them a couple of times as extra support and they seemed to do well for me on the hotter days.

1 Like

Yeah…that’s probably true. It’s almost like pick your death though. Which one will be less excruciating lol

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad idea! I’ve been having to drive my Crown Vic Police Interceptor to work every day since my daily has finally accumulated too many problems to make it worth repairing. As much as I love driving the CVPI (minus the gas mileage) I’m noticing the difference between driving a little red two door and a big all black sedan in the middle of summer lol Cordless fans may actually help a lot there.

2 Likes