PSA Dagger Compact with Vortex venom red dot

I cannot find a recent thread on here but i will ask a question. Are the PSA Daggers any good? I am strickly glocks and H&Ks. I realized my G19 does not have a MOS system, and I have had an eye on PSA for a while. Was thinking about buying a first basic AR. Their compact dagger with red dot on it is $499.

Is there anyone with experience good or bad?
PSA Dagger Compact 9mm Pistol With Extreme Carry Cut Doctor Slide, Threaded Barrel, & Vortex Venom 3MOA Red Dot, 2-Tone Gray | Palmetto State Armory

1 Like

There are a bunch of reviews on youtube. Everyone seems to like them and they seem pretty reliable. They are a Glock Gen3 clone (the patent expired so everyone is making them now), so it sounds like you should be good with them.

That Venom on the other hand is rather :neutral_face:. Not sure if they’ve improved much lately but they were not considered very durable when they first came out.

If it were me, I’d keep an eye on some of their other deals that comes with mags or ammo and such. Just shoot irons until you can save up for a nicer red dot.

4 Likes

Yes I have looked at older YouTube reviews of people that made the gun from parts, and it different times they have had different deals, for example they were selling slides with the HaloSun already on it. I think honest outlaw on YouTube did that video. My only concern is their trigger. I kind of like the glock trigger within the trigger.

The truth is I am not interested in machining my slide to make it mos compatible or buying of of those dovetail kits.

2 Likes

IMO, I think you’ll be fine with a Dagger. I agree on not machining a slide if you don’t have to. The daggers have several variants that are red-dot ready.

Some reviews that might help you decide… Honest Outlaw (thousand round review), TFB TV, Warrior Poet Society, IraqVeteran8888, MrGunsNGear, ARFCOM

4 Likes

Been wondering the same thing, looks like a deal to me considering it’s compatible with my g19 gen 3 gonna go with the compact version

2 Likes

I’m a true believer in, you get what you pay for. $469.00 including 10 “free” magazines :question: That’s what real “red flag” laws were designed for!
I’ll base any purchase on testing in the field!
I do believe quality costs. Reliability costs.
My philosophy is, “buy once, cry once”.

3 Likes

I guess it’s all about what qualifies as quality, sometimes brands can be costly due to their craftsmanship in the past but getaway with selling the same product as the lower budget brands just because of their name people will always expect quality but with that being said I have my limits on how low I’ll go when it comes to budget buying. In my experience I’ve had my best luck not going under 300 dollars. Want call out any certain brands but I stay away from the 200 dollar pistols for the most part.

2 Likes

If that’s the case a Staccato should come with 20 magazines. :rofl:

1 Like

Could explain the competitive cost, no more R&D costs to recoup.

2 Likes

The Daggers seem to get very good reviews. I remember when they first came out a couple people complained about some feeding issues when using a full magazine with a round in the chamber. But I haven’t seen that issue mentioned since.

Probably the main thing keeping me from picking one up as a backup for my G19 is that they have a different shaped trigger guard and aren’t compatible with many G19 kydex holsters.

The free magazine deals are for Magpul Pmags. They aren’t metal lined like the Glock mags and can often be found for less than $10 apiece on sale. I personally would stick to Glock mags for SD situations if they prove reliable with the Dagger though I have been using the Pmags for practice for a few years now without any issues.

2 Likes

All the Shadow Systems pistols come with Magpul magazines except for the CR920

1 Like

They certainly seem like solid mags and I have had no issues with them. The one potential issue is that though they drop free when empty they don’t do it quite as slickly as the Glock mags at least from my pistol. I’ve also had Glock mags continuously loaded and used for well over a decade without a single hiccup so I trust them completely for the long haul. I wonder if the plastic feed lips on the Magpuls will wear out or loosen up over time? But if my Magpuls are still functioning perfectly a decade from now then I will give them the same seal of approval my Glock mags have:)

1 Like

The PSA Dagger is fine but you could just get a use Gen 3 Glock for about the same price. Id also try to get something a bit better than a Vortex Venom. Holosun/Trijicon would be a better choice.

1 Like