Protector Academy

Just to start off I am very new to the USCCA. I have been working on my protector qualifications. I am having a hard time trying to get my hands on the targets to practice for the level 1 shooting quals. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Likes

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/store/gear-accessories/training-gear-range/targets-and-range-bags/

3 Likes

You may think I am crazy, thats okay. Use a 11 X 8 piece of paper, put a 2 X 2 stick it paper in the middle of the paper. 10 rounds @ 7 feet, 10 rounds @ 14 feet, then 10 rounds @ 20 feet. Work at hitting the post it paper. If all rounds hit the 11 X
8 paper, okay! if all your shots are in the post it, I just have to say, DAMN! good job!

5 Likes

We use paper plates with a bingo dauber red dot cheap but effective

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @WilliamZ and congratulations on taking the steps to get your Protector Academy quals.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

@WilliamZ. - Check out other threads, there is one with targets you can download.

Title of the thread was "Printable Targets " under Firearm Training and Targets.

There are a lot of old threads with a ton of information

1 Like

@Dawn, I just went through the first video/sequence of the Protector Academy and didn’t mark it as complete because I wanted to share it with my kids since it is a straight forward explanation of safety and the different styles of pistols. My first question is, I wanted to see if it is okay to share with my kids and two, I wanted to ask if I mark any as “complete” do I have the ability to come back and watch those sections again?

Also, are the numbers in the top right corner “01 hrs 30m” an estimated time it takes to view the material? Or does that reference something else as it didn’t take me that long to view the first sequence of material. I asking because the Children’s F.A. section has a 06H in the corner :astonished: Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

1 Like

I live on 14 acres & my wood pile is 20’ from my back porch railing. I just scribble a half dollar sized dot with a sharpie on cheap white pater plates & thumb tac them to a log. lol

1 Like

I almost always use paper plates (stole idea from a previous instructor) and or modify/download free targets or use 3X5 cards with plates to create different target lay outs. Agree, much cheaper.

1 Like