Preparedness: What's in your truck/car?

Finally got my truck box installed so I did a cab-ectomy and put things where they belong. Here’s what mine looks like, what I’ve got and what i know I’m I’m missing… anything else I should have?

Heres mine:
20190601_093808

On the passenger side, truck maintenance:
Oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, steering fluid, brake fluid, fuel treatment, funnels, rags, wet wipes, belt dressing, oil filter, fixaflat, wd40, touch up paint.
Missing: filter wrench, wiper fluid, spare serpentine belt, spare fuses, spare headlight and brake light bulbs, hand siphon pump, paracord, carabiners.
20190601_093715

Middle: tools and clothing: slime tire kit with plugs and compressor, general tool kit with knife, wrenches etc., large socket set, cable receiver lock, windshield ice cover, 2 pairs of pants, tshirts, socks, winter gloves. Currently out for cleaning: winter jacket, sneakers, boots, rain slicker.
Missing: winter hat, summer hat, more socks, bandanas, belt, breaker bar, small welding torch, bug repellant, sleeping bag.
20190601_093624

Driver side: most used and emergency items:
Tarp, bungies, tie down straps, cargo net, booboo kit, mechanics gloves, tow rope, LED work light, hazard triangles, road flares, flashing hazard lights, two cable locks.
Missing: extra paid of mechanics gloves.
20190601_093102

On top: large items: large ice scraper/ brush, truck bed tent, 3 sets of jumper cables.
Missing: yoga mat (sleeping or getting under truck).
20190601_093320

What did I miss?
What’s in yours?

2 Likes

Holy cow! This is impressive. I thought my truck box was pretty complete but I can’t even come close to your level of preparedness. Well done.

2 Likes

In the truck of my car I have an emergency road kit that has jumper cables, flares, road signs, and first aide kit, bungee cables, and different things for shooting. But no firearms.

2 Likes

@Reloader54 cool :slight_smile: you’ve got road emergencies in hand :white_check_mark:

Thank you @Boyd :grin:
Anything in your kit I should be adding?

1 Like

Are your tie down straps the ratchet straps? I don’t think I could function without those.

1 Like

yes, in 3 sizes :grin: they are probably the thing I use the most in the entire kit. I don’t think it’s possible to have too many of those ratchet tiedowns :smiley:

1 Like

Zee, I also have a medics med kit as well. Which has in it more than just what first aide kits have that you’d buy in a drug store. And yesterday I got recertification for CPR/AED FIRST AIDE. and my gun club paid for it because I volunteer as a RSO when they need extra help during holidays.

1 Like

@Reloader54 do you have a particular kit or one you built yourself?

I have a 3-day/get home bag inside the truck that has medical supplies but I’m contemplating the STOMP kit backpack. Wondering what you use?

Zee, I bout it from the instructor that taught the class. And I bought it online. But it was 5 years ago. And I don’t have the web site info any more. The instructor was also a medic with the local SWAT Team. And he sold them. The one I got cost around $129.00. Maybe check with the local medics near you and see if they could suggest a place to buy one.

1 Like

I’d add a folding shovel, hand ax, fire starting kit, waterproof matches, duct tape, electrical tape, bicycle tire hose (to cut up for rubber bands, patches, etc), zip ties, assorted hose clamps, hose coupling barbed unions, 2 feet of both 3/4 and 5/8 heater hose, couple of 50 gal contractors heavy mil bags, canteen, water filtration.

2 Likes

ooo… thank you @KenM!
I have these in my 3-day/get home bag in the cab of the truck:

I don’t have these, but I will add them!

YAY!! I love it when I do things that make me feel MORE prepared :grin: :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Reloader54 - excellent idea. its been a long time since I did a first aid training, I should tune up my skills with a class, and I’ll ask when I’m there :smiley:

1 Like

Very impressive, @Zee! I need to have you come organize mine!

1 Like

:smiley: anytime @Dawn.
Took my time getting it packed - but it’s not a jigsaw puzzle. My first ex and I used to backpack a LOT so organized packing for functional access is something we practiced.

1 Like

All I have in the cab of mine is jumper cables

1 Like