Practical effects of bump stock ban being blocked

Full auto is regulated by money, as is every NFA item. Pay the government,have your fun. That’s not the way it should be.
As far as flooding the streets, from what I recall in my early machine shop days, converting a gun to full auto is a simple process.
Seems the gangbangers are into the “Glock switches” these days. Illegal but all over the media which is where I saw the vids of 12 year olds showing off their full autos.

3 Likes

Are you referring to that AutoKey thing that the manufacturer claims is nothing more then a novelty bottle opener? I love glocks, because they are reasonably priced, reliable and simple. Glock and HK are my favorite brand. I want to get an AR-15. Just to experience the joy of buying the parts and customizing it how I see fit.

1 Like

The illegal full auto Glocks running around a couple of us have referenced is different from the key card you are referring to

But both are great examples of exactly how effective the unconstitutional regulations on machine guns actually are

2 Likes

I look at like this.
It seems everything the ATF does is performative in nature.

Oh yes, I know I already responded to this but…the NFA is far more than just a $200 tax

For ‘machine guns’, they also froze the supply back in the 1980’s by not allowing any new ones to be registered, so now to even be transferrable to a regular joe private individual they have to be decades old and have been registered all along so they go into the 5 figures easily on anything desirable.

Even without that, it’s the 9-15 month wait people get for the stamp proving they paid their $200 tax.

Also when registered to you as an individual I’m pretty sure it’s actually illegal to so much as leave it in the bedroom corner for your wife when you step out of the house, you need prior written permission from the ATF to take it out of your state, you have to update the ATF when you move even if it’s across town, and forget about just deciding you want to sell it some day when you are short on cash.

None of these things should be a concern.

But, they are.

4 Likes

I heard all about it from a guy who’s father had several. His father passed away and he was having to go through all the hoopla to get them transferred.

2 Likes

From what I understand, the cheapest full-auto may just be an SKS that doesn’t get cleaned :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yup. Cripe, legally you can’t let the guy next lane over shoot your suppressed 10/22 unless he’s listed in your trust.

1 Like

Yup, definitely different. Just showing a block of metal with a stencil created prison time for a few folks, despite no initial issues,while something in a totally “drop in” and illegal format gets shown off by those not caring about laws, and seemingly in no fear of any enforcement ramifications.

3 Likes

I have never owned or used a bump stock. I prefer my AR barrels to be accurate as long as possible. If accuracy by volume is your thing, go for it. I don’t have anything against them and don’t think they should be banned, they just aren’t my thing. If they are unbanned, I could see a lot of people that lost theirs being mad all over again.

2 Likes

Either that, or be happy about finding them after having been lost all this time. :sunglasses:

4 Likes