Ar-15 is not a military weapon

7 Likes

Correct it is not. The AR15 and the semi-automatic rifles of a similar type we colloquially refer to as “AR15s” (they aren’t really, it’s like self-adhesive bandages being Band-Aids)…not issued by for or to any military ever in the world as far as anybody can tell.

But, and I think this is important to add (No I didn’t read the article sorry if this is redundant)…

…even if they were a military weapon that wouldn’t justify banning them

The original and most important intent and purpose of the Second Amendment should cover “weapons of war” and “military weapons”. So the whole differentiation we are discussing and the fact that an AR15 is not a military weapon…it really shouldn’t matter.

I know that it does matter, but, it shouldn’t.

13 Likes

Should really read the article…

Yeah, it irked me, a bit….

But I did like the last paragraph!

“ 2024 we stop the mind numbing madness of the M4 being this ‘wholly different machine’ (yet somehow with all interchangeable parts) from the AR-15. It’s an AR. The M16 is an AR. The Military uses ARs and so do we.

We have more of them and a lot of ours are nicer.”

9 Likes

I’d still have to pick at that as not all parts are interchangeable. Like, federal felony if you interchange the wrong parts

8 Likes

Amen Brother…Amen.

5 Likes

AS i remember the Aramalite Rifle was designed as a light sporting rifle back in the early 60,s Then some one from the adm shot it and liked it so much they modified it to Full Auto for the military I got my first one Dec 25 1965 A Colt XME2

6 Likes

The left and their logical fallacies :man_shrugging:t4:

“Shall not be infringed❗️”

9 Likes

those parts are not swappable into a high shelf civilian AR lower receiver that doesn’t have that fancy third hole drilled in it and the shelf milled out. While I will 10000% agree that the civilian world is full of way nicer and higher quality rifles than the military has, those few very discernable (and well documented by the ATF) differences, make a world of difference.

6 Likes

I am also referring to swappable parts that would be illegal. For example, if the M4 barrel is 14.5" and does not have a pinned and welded muzzle device qualifying as 16"+, it would generally make you a felon to swap those parts unless you applied for and received that NFA SBR tax stamp first.

4 Likes

Unless it started life as a “pistol” lol

3 Likes

In which case it would then be the federal felony without tax stamp as an SBR it has a stock, it would have to have started as an Other or a pistol and have a pistol brace and other limits like no vertical grip

4 Likes

And all this is just too much for many firearms hobbyists to keep track of, so people become accidential felons.

…shall not be infringed.

How is that so unclear to so many people???

The right to vote wasn’t protected until 79 years after the right to keep and bear arms, thirteen amendments later in the Constitution, yet it is so sacred that even asking for ID and a signature is somehow an infringement.

7 Likes

Just saved me a sh/tload of money and time.
Was headed for Israel with my trusty AR-15 to assist in the war effort!
Whew! That was close!

To the next a$$hole that claims it’s an assault rifle, we should voluntarily issue them our AR-15 and mandatorily ship them out to the war torn country of their choice!

They’re welcome to return with it or on it, good luck!
I’ll be standing next to your flag ( if I so choose to waste my flag on your dead uneducated irrelevant A$$ ) draped box diligently looking at my watch, at which time I’ll be taking possession of my f##king civilian sporting rifle.

Your mouth will be permanently shut!
I will gladly make the notification to your kin!
I will also personally engrave your headstone…
AR-15’s ARE NOT ASSAULT RIFLES and ARE NOT MILITARY WEAPONS.
HERE LIES PROOF!

10 Likes

WOW! Feelin’ Feisty today Bruh?
Remind me to never piss you off…

I guess you could say the proof is in da Puddin’ 'ey what? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

5 Likes

Which AR the .223 or the 5.56! There is a difference!!

3 Likes

So I think that begs the question, to you infantry guys. Would you carry your favorite best AR set up into a fire fight in an unfriendly zone? Not your house at night I mean into combat.

4 Likes

yes I would take my AR-15 into battle.

4 Likes

The .223 Wylde :wink:

5 Likes

I would ‘always’ take the same weapon into every fight.
Same Handgun, Same AR , Same Knives.

7 Likes

About 0.125”

Would I take either into a combat situation? We may have to!

3 Likes