Supreme Court to review Trump-era ban on gun 'bump stocks'

Don’t own one, wouldn’t own one and don’t care. :wink:
But others have asked. :slightly_smiling_face:

Supreme Court to review Trump-era ban on gun ‘bump stocks’ (msn.com)

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Friday stepped into a new gun rights battle by agreeing to weigh whether a Trump-era ban on so-called bump stocks, which allow semi-automatic rifles to fire more quickly, is lawful.

The justices were asked by both the Biden administration and gun rights activists to take up the issue, with lower courts reaching differing conclusions on it.

5 Likes

My Guess.
Pull the trigger once and 5rounds come out of your 100 round clip makes it an automatic assault gun.

6 Likes

Which is not what a firearm with a bump stock does. One does not even need a device to “bump” fire. I have seen videos online where a person is “bump” firing a pistol with only their finger, no string, belt loop, nothing but their finger. That hasn’t been made illegal yet, as far as I am aware.

5 Likes

Ive never seen until now a president come up with more unneeded new offices on wasting tax payer money than the moron who thinks he has not committed treason or any criminal wrongdoings.

5 Likes

Quit saying this stuff out loud. You’re only giving them ideas. There will be a ban on fingers if this gets out. Quit showing how fast reloads can be done. Quit showing shotgun ballistics videos. You’re not supposed to show the aces up your sleeves.

7 Likes

Can anyone tell me just what is a bum stock and what does it do :question:THANK YOU :question::heart::white_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

I could care less about bump stocks as well. But this case is more about Trump using executive action to get the ATF to take away firearm rights without passing legislation than it is about these gimmicky pieces of plastic. We should all be watching this very closely.

Trump getting away with this action is what has been enabling Biden to weaponize the ATF against lawful firearm owners. Using executive action to ban braces and triggers, redefining what a firearm is… these and much more to come are the Pandora’s Box Trump opened up with his bump stock ban if SCOTUS doesn’t step in.

3 Likes

It’s all Trumps fault!!! You know, the Non-Politician that became President.

1 Like

In the case of using executive action to weaponize the ATF it is indeed Trump’s fault. Obama really wanted to do it but felt it wouldn’t get past the courts so he didn’t try. Trump showed that at the very least he could get away with doing this to permanently take away people’s property and their rights as well at least for several years before the courts might finally step in. Now Biden is all in on that proven strategy.

Hopefully SCOTUS will rule against Trump’s ban in such a way that will shut down all of Biden’s actions. But I doubt it. I fear this Court isn’t nearly as pro 2A as everyone on the right and left think they are.

I don’t believe Trump is the boogie man many make him out to be but if you listen to his words, when he isn’t on the campaign trail, as well as look at the majority of his actions it’s pretty clear to me that he is not a true 2A supporter. He supported “assault” weapon and magazine bans before becoming president and threatened to use executive action to make them happen while president. I know I’m in the minority here but I sincerely hope he isn’t given the chance to make that happen. I doubt the other supposedly pro 2A Republicans will have the guts to stand against him if he tries to.

5 Likes

You can have your opinion. :thinking:

4 Likes

As can we all. It is still a sorta free country for at least a little while longer I hope.

5 Likes

It makes you shoot quicker with absolutely no chance of hitting a barn door 10 feet away.

4 Likes

Yea you miss a lot, really fast.

4 Likes

Completely agree Shamrock. I loved the policies he followed in his first term and sincerely hope that, if he gets a second term, he follows on just as strongly. But some of the things he’s said recently have left some strong doubts in my mind….

3 Likes

However, in this instance, his “opinion” is correct. Trump wanted “bump” stocks banned and the ATF, even after previously stating they were not illegal, reversed that and stated they were “automatic” weapons andd banned them. Fingers and semi-autos are next.

3 Likes

Let those who never made a bad decision, cast the first stone. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Anyone…

3 Likes

We heck that’s just what I need to I prove that barn door . I need all the help I can get so I can just walk right up to the barn door and Beat the hell out of it and never miss KAZ I will use the stock and bump that dam door. To hell sounds great Debbie ann wants a pink one so it is just crap for the government to start taking and taking our rites away great . I thought it would bump of the Bad guys and you have to beat your rifle against the barn door . Give them a ENCH and they will take a hundred thousand miles Bobby Jean :owl::feather::feather::chile::us::100:THANK YOU I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING REAL AND WAS WHAT THE SPECIAL FORCES USED :bangbang:AND ONLY PEOPLE THAT WANT PROBLEMS . Are using them to make us all look more like criminals instead of TRUELY TRAINED​:bangbang::us::chile::owl::feather::feather::100:WOW I TAPED A ROOL OF PAPER TOWELS ON THE BARREL OF MY 10,22 and it looks mean in black it made it look like a thousand calaber can’t see what I am trying to hit but it’s kool It looks like mad max bad just don’t work for crap TRUELY looking good Bobby Jean :japanese_ogre::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::chile::us::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::notes::notes::beer:ROOT BEER :beer: I HAD A FEW. A& W Good stuff

1 Like

I gather that means you realize he is right. We all make mistakes. I have certainly made my share, and I have admitted on this site when I was wrong. A man is able to bear that burden. Much better to acknowledge an error and learn than to keep believing one is right and walk off the cliff.

3 Likes

Haw haw that’s just what my daddy said to my MoMA that I was just a bad that word bed desehoion and I turned out just fine if I am not talking Debbie ann said my daddy just wanted more drinking money and then that is when he figured out I was costing him all his drinking money but I got Garde 6 . Mom’s proud :bangbang:

I think any and all politicians before making pledges on firearms, they should all have to take an 8 hour class and go to the range. After they are educated on firearms and realize it isnt the firearm that commits these atrocious acts of violence, it is the deranged individual. All laws against guns will not stop these lunatics from getting guns.

3 Likes