POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where?

Glad I gave my wife the credit cards in February!
If you give me your wife or husbands credit cards, I’m selling individual 5.56 rounds at $30.00 a round. That’s not price gouging, that’s airfare to some unknown island in the South Pacific. I’m switching sides, would rather be on the winning side, because we don’t seem to be putting up a fight for our lives!
Election deal is 2 for $75.00 I do take Discover!
Practice time is over!

10 Likes

OpticsPlanet also takes backorders and do not charge your card until they are preparing your order for shipment. You can use the 10% USCCA discount.

3 Likes

I have some stored ammo but not enough that I feel comfortable going to the range to practice at the moment.

You aren’t alone. Unless you have stacked ammo deep it’s hard to weather a 3x price increase for the better part of a year with no end in sight.

The TLDR is sign up for Ammoseek.

Right now, you can still get 9mm and 5.56 it’s just going to cost $0.60/cpr and up for range ammo and $1.00/cpr+ for defensive ammo. There really isn’t a way around it right now.

You can try directly surfing manufacturer websites like Federal, Speer, CCI, etc. They don’t do notices like “email when back in stock”, you just have to check their website. The cost is typically lower like $0.40/cpr for 9mm it’s still not as cheap as it was pre-COVID but it’s better than regular retailers (I think) because they cut out the middle man. The shipping is not quick though, I’ve heard turn-around times of a few weeks (I have not personally been able to score any this way).

Some of the smaller ammo manufacturers do have “email when back in stock” but they usually sell out quickly and their prices aren’t any lower than the big guys.

I hate the pre-orders because they may be cheaper, but you know off the bat it will be weeks or months before it shows up and I’ve already had a couple pre-orders cancelled.

IMO the best bet, is maybe just buy a little bit here and there while it’s expensive just to limit how fast you burn through your supply and when prices come back down to normal build your supply back up again. Just keep in mind that it will probably be well into 2021 before prices start to settle back down.

Other threads on the topic:

2 Likes

I go to several different sites daily. In the past few months I have been able to find ammo on Federal, Cabela’s and Optics Planet. I bought some from Cabela’s last week and need to go pick it up tonight. I prefer not to have ammo shipped directly to my home. I don’t want it to get lost.

For defensive ammo right now I personally will not pay more than 75 to 80 cents a round for new, brass 9mm. FMJ, probably 50 cents but same thing…new brass 9mm.

If I can find cheaper great, but if not I walt. I just don’t go to the range very often due to ammo so trying to work on other things like perfecting the draw, site pictue, etc.

4 Likes

YOU DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU NEED $$$$ TO BUY. Yes I have some and no it is not for sale. Damn what a profit I could make!

4 Likes

@FunCycle

ARE YOU SURE?

10 Likes

Wishful thinking brother that would buy some ammo. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

LOL nice! I think the ink is still a little tacky tho.

4 Likes

I might just have to do that Mario. thanks!

4 Likes

Thank you every one! Some solid advice!

I just scored a 50 ct box of 9mm ($15.99) and a 20 ct box of 223 ($24.99) at one of my local shops, Tombstone Tactical. It aint much but they are placing a one box limit per customer.

Still looking!!

6 Likes

I could consider that, but I would still keep 1/3 of what I have and still could not use all of it.

3 Likes

HECK A TILLION DOLLARS COULD BUY A AMMO COMPONY

5 Likes

If you take credit cards I’ll be round. Where exactly do you live😉

4 Likes

That’s all I do now, go to the range practice then try and pick up as much as available. Last week none, this week 2 box of 9mm a box of .45 and 2 boxes of 223 (frangible) allowed

3 Likes

Yesterday I bought two boxes of Hornady 556 9.99 a box and I think pmc 9mm 19.99 … my local gun shop has been amazing at keeping ammo in stock!

4 Likes

Things just changed. No one is talking about it.
But we all have a lot more to concern ourselves with! I don’t think I’ve ever been this worried! For them, us, you…our country?
If anything were to happen to the President, I would consider it an assassination by the CCP!

7 Likes

So is what is printed by the government.

:thinking:

5 Likes

I managed to find some 9mm at SG Ammo this morning around 0900. They had over 1400, 50 round boxes of 124gr NATO ball. It was .60 cents per round.

By 3 this afternoon, it was all gone. Over 1400 boxes of 9mm sold in six hours.

4 Likes

They still have some 100 & 200rnd boxes. Won’t last long though…

5 Likes

Went to Sportmans yesterday…best part of the trip, ran into an old friend. Worst part of the trip was to examine empty shelves of ammo. Needing some more .22lr to train a group of youngsters. I really do not think there is a box of .22 within 500 miles. Sad. Just sad. Found some online. Primers? gunbroker 15 to 20 cents. I would like to score another 5000. I think the last score of primers was 3 to 4 cents…cant remember.

My crystal ball thinks the ammo shortage might last 2 years. edit…i dont think i have enough ammo or supplies on hand to last 2 years.

Good news…I purchased another sig .177 as they released a red dot for the .177, and a mounting plate. Hoping the pellets do not become a shortage!

edit…just found several thousand .22 in Salt Lake, bought what my ammo budget and wife would allow.

7 Likes