Police checking gun cabinets are important

NOT WITHOUT A WARRANT!

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

[T]he right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

NO. Not no, HELL TO THE NO!

No, the government cannot search me! The government cannot search my house! The government cannot search my car! They can ask but the answer is NO, NOT WITHOUT A WARRANT!

11 Likes

I just got the SNL skit parodying the movie ā€œJawsā€ in my mind reading your post, but this time the shark is knocking on the door stating ā€œERPOā€, with the same end result as we have read about.

2 Likes

Is common sense to be defined by the Government?
That to me is scary enough.
If exercising a Constitutional Right depends on having permission from the Government, it ceases to be a Right and only a privilege
Iā€™m not a lawyer nor have slept in a Holiday Inn Express. This is just my opinion.

FWIW I did post on the late lamented Irish Shooter community for quite some time. They have laws similar to the UK and enforcement seemed to be dependent on which officer happened to be doing the inspections.

1 Like

I remember reading ā€œCommon Senseā€ in school, but government at the time it was written did not approve of the message.

Not in the UK any longer. That rifle needs to be in a vault and that labourer needs a good explanation and a permit to possess it.
Oh, and a place to shoot it as well----range membership or hunting permission/lease

2 Likes

No one has the right to check my firearms except me.

3 Likes

This is one of the dumbest posts Iā€™ve ever read. Police do not belong in my house checking on what I may and may not have or how I have it. That is not their business nor anyone elses.

ā€œIā€™m a second amendment supporter.ā€

Edited for language. ~Dawn

5 Likes

As long as the ERPO requires ā€œprobable causeā€ then it meets the requirements of the 4th Amendment. I disagree with them because I have seen what has qualified as probable cause, but, that is a different issue.

4 Likes

No, no, a thousand times, no. The police are not allowed into my home without a warrant. Period.

6 Likes

Not to be rude,but just plain foolish,naive and not centered citizen n anything that has been happening.

Additionally goes against historical evidence( see katrina) Hell no show me a warrant,and soon that will be a question mark,and when that happens we will be at the first paragraph of the declaration and f and independence or some form for f call vil war.

I say this to be short The Book " Resistance to Tyranny" the author Prof. Joseph p. Moreland. A complete historical perspective of methods and outcomes of subjugated peopleā€™s and how it happens.

Nuff said!

1 Like

All this does is open a can of worms that cannot be put back in the can

1 Like

I canā€™t believe a person would even make such a comment. I donā€™t think heā€™s for real.

3 Likes

This right hereā€‹:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:,all of it is why I asked in another topic about member only areas.

Oh almost forgot

Check my what? We donā€™t have any of those implements of death here but, thanks for your concern. Good day.

4 Likes

Police may enter my home at their convenience. Provided they have a search warrant signed by a judge.

Read the 4th amendment.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

4 Likes

I canā€™t get behind this. Not at all. Guns are not a gift given to me by the police or any other authority. The police will not be welcome in my home to inspect my couch, flooring, medications, plumbing, clothing, or guns.

6 Likes

Police practices differ from country to country, in some places Law Enforcement checks virginity. Perhaps poster comes from a place like that. Come on man, letā€™s keep an open mind.

If you see that happening again, please let us know. Youā€™re at least the second, possibly third, person to bring that up.

Filing this under the things that make me go hmmmmā€¦ :thinking:

The situation has been addressed. :smiley:

Please continue with the discussion.

Umā€¦this is the USCCA forumā€¦ I think itā€™s reasonable to assume that even the OP spouting off about UK statistics was talking about the USA.

Thereā€™s a lot we can learn from other countries - both good and bad.

We agree that while it should not be the focus of all of our conversations, we can definitely get some interesting insights from opposing viewpoints. Unfortunately, the OP repeatedly post the same question/topic about other countriesā€™ laws numerous times.