Pistol Recoil Spring Replacement

Other than counting total rounds fired, what are the indicators the recoil spring is worn out and needs to be replaced?

2 Likes

Issues going back into battery. Feeling the slide ā€œbottom outā€ when firing. The latter can also happen when buying some of the new brands of Turkish ammo out there as of late :roll_eyes:. Stuff makes my NATO stash seem anemic :hear_no_evil:

5 Likes

First indicator is when your casing is ejected more than 6 feet away from you.
It is just a basic rule. Observe the ejected casing with new recoil spring to see what is the standard distance. When the recoil spring becomes weak the distance of ejection is way longer than usual.

4 Likes

I though it was when the hot brass flies into my hoodiešŸ˜‰

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a Glock thing, mostly. Starting with Gen4. Or right between the eyes.

1 Like

Ejection different than 3 oā€™clock - 5 oā€™clock shows an extractor problemsā€¦ in most casesā€¦
Glock usually is excluded from any diagnostic patterns. :wink:

2 Likes

Components of a pistol cartridge include primer, propellant, case and bullet.

1 Like

What is the case about? :wink:

1 Like

I know sausage meat and spices are packed in casings, but the correct term for the, typically metal, object that houses the primer, propellant, and holds the bullet, is case. It is basic firearm knowledge, yet you pose this ignorant question?

Do you know that this metal part can be called ā€œcaseā€, ā€œcasingā€ or ā€œshellā€?
Looks I had 1/3 chances to make you happy and Iā€™m sorry to disappoint youā€¦

1 Like

Incorrectly, you can call it whatever you want. In a pistol, which is what I referenced, as that is what is being discussed, the correct term is case. From the article I linked to it clearly states ā€œ[c]ases (rifle and handgun)ā€. Now, back to the topic of the thread. I mistakenly thought you could learn, but I keep forgetting you know everything already.

This thread has been already fulfilled.
And @Dave17 ā€¦ welcome to The Club of Admirers :metal:

fclub

I was unaware of your adulation of meā€¦ but no thanks

Now you knowā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
You are very interesting person to me, since May 2nd, when you wrote very insulting post. :fu:
And youā€™re very welcome.