Aluminum-Cased Ammo: Aluminum Casings Explained

Aluminum-Cased Ammo at Ammo.com: Aluminum Casings Explained

7 Likes

@RocketPak Thanks! The article is a good read!

2 Likes

@RocketPak The CCI Blazer aluminum case is great :+1: just can’t reload it. I have gotten it in 38 Special, 38+P & 357 mag also, it’s not as expensive as brass when you can find it. Good stuff :+1:. :us: :us: :us:

3 Likes

Not for reloading however is it recyclable? Would I have to remove the primers? Will the city pick it up with the other recycles?

1 Like

Interesting article.

1 Like

interesting article but none of the ranges in Illinois allow it.

1 Like

A problem not mentioned in the article but one I have run into is the casings sticking in the mag because the aluminum case isn’t as polished as brass and will bind against them selves. I had trouble in both single stack and staggered. I stopped using then in semi autos. :us:

3 Likes

When ammo was more available than it is now I ran across a couple of good deals on Blazer ammo and capitalized on them. I used it primarily for bunker ammo but of late have been using it as primary practice fodder. I’ve never had a FTE (eject) but as @BRUCE26 mentions I have had a couple FTF’s (as in FEED not fire) but all in all it is a suitable range ammo that mirrors most HD/CC loads rather nicely. Can’t reload it, must pick it up (magnets don’t work) but I will admit it is much easier to see in grass than brass as occasionally occurs when I forget my painters tarp or get dynamic. Truth be told, if you can find it, I like steel cased ammo as I can “sweep” the ground with a magnet and get it all. IMHO, Brass and Nickle are for business steel and aluminum are for training but it is good to have dope on the options just in case you need it for business.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Tested a P30SK with CCI Blazer Aluminum casing… Not a single failure so far after several 50-round boxes sent downrange. Good option for range fodder, at least for me so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes