What's your favorite training ammo?

What’s your favorite training ammo brand?

1 Like

Whatever on sale @Dawn anything that doesn’t gunk up the innards.

5 Likes

Fiocchi 124gr.
great,reliable, clean and always very cheap.

3 Likes

CCI Blazer 40 S & W 165gr.FMJ

2 Likes

Federal American Eagle, and Armscor. Winchester SuperX for shotguns.

2 Likes

I generally use CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr FMJ

5 Likes

I usually use Speer Lawman 124gr in 9mm, my own reloads in 45ACP and 38spec.

2 Likes

good ammo as well. I found it dirtier than Fiocchi and that was only reason for my choice.

2 Likes

Using the bulk ammo from AngelfireAmmo for the 9mm, the .40 and the .45 - working great for training and practice.

3 Likes

It does tend to be dirtier than some others. It performs well for me so I don’t mind the cleaning.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: dirty ammo -> frequent cleaning -> more practice -> good habbit :wink:

Advantages only :+1:

Anyway, CCI Blazer Brass was my first favorite ammo, and I still like it !

3 Likes

My preference is American Eagle but I like Blazer Brass as a second and less pricey brand when it is on sale which is often. I have 2 cases of AE waiting to be busted open in the next week or so.

3 Likes

I try to match the fps and bullet weight to my defensive ammo. Currently I’m using Aguila 9mm 124 grain. It happened to be on sale when I was shopping. I usually buy CCI Blazer Brass. It is often on sale in 1000 round bulk packages with free shipping bringing it to $0.17 per round.

Regards.

1 Like

Blazer Brass. Affordable, reliable.

2 Likes

Fiochi or Federal 124gr

1 Like

I am not to picky when it comes to practice ammo, whatever is on sale, even steel cased like Wolf…I don’t buy reloads, has to be factory new. Unless I start making my own reloads :thinking:

1 Like

Me too.

I started using the cheap stuff they sold at the range but I found it would get brass shaving in my striker bore and was causing light strikes after 100-200 rounds.

Looked around online and a few others reported the issue and said that Blazer Brass didn’t have that issue.

2 Likes

I don’t think I have “bought” ammo in 20 years with the exception of a couple of boxes of ammo for guns I probably will never shoot again and don’t have brass for (7.7Jap, 303 Brit and 30/40 Krag come to mind) I find reloading to be instrumental in learning the the firearm and it’s capabilities. Having the ability to create ammunition that essentially duplicates anything store bought appeals to me. FWIW compared to how much I would have spent on factory ammo I have been making “free” ammo for about 15 years.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

22 LR
(brand and product line based on performance in the given firearm.)
Although I very much like what SIG did when they started selling ammo lines. Makes an easy statement/argument in Court wouldn’t you think? Carry SIG, Train SIG. Shoot SIG. Seems to help they actually have desirable performance characteristics.

1 Like

I like using Syntech 9mm in 124 or 150 grain.

1 Like