Pile On - Unbelievable Gun Laws

From this article

One man was arrested on charges of possessing a prohibited weapon, carrying a dangerous weapon, unlawful transportation of a firearm, unregistered ammunition, unregistered firearm and carrying a firearm without a license, the Secret Service said in a statement.

The second individual was arrested on charges of possessing a prohibited weapon and carrying a dangerous weapon. They were then taken to the 2nd Precinct of the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD).

My heavens, that’s a heaping steaming stinking pile of Gun Laws…
Excuse my ignorance but is “unregistered ammunition,” a real violation of a real Law? I’ve never ever ever been asked to or registered any ammunition,

6 Likes

Microsoft News
Reuters multimedia news provider

In reading the story it seemed to be lacking information. I am sure there is more to it than said. Washington DC Metropolitan area is a very strict gun law district.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, the arrested individuals’ photos are now on the internet for everyone to see.

I might just visit D.C. one day but I won’t be bringing any of my firearms and ammo.

3 Likes

They have the video on YouTube but nothing is being said!

2 Likes

Kinda curious that Secret Service has been reduced to traffic stops! It’s obvious that if the backpack ( Oh oh, I have the same backpack ) contained fentanyl they would have been flown to their city of choice!

Oh no, army-green, WHOA, “military-style bags”… that’s half the kids in an LA high school! Furthermore, who’s NOT suspicious looking in D.C.? What was the probable cause? The beard or was it the gas powered vehicle?

Is this where we are headed? You realize if we show up in Ukraine looking like this, it’s game over for the Russians, unlike Brandon, Putin would never stoop that low! He would never fire at an army that looks like this! He could very well die of laughter!

Terrorist still don’t get it, if you dress in black and carry “army-green” gear your done! Dressed like this and you would have gotten a wink and a nod!
Just for the record, that’s an American flag, and no, that’s not a selfie! I wouldn’t be caught dead in those earrings!

8 Likes

It’s been a long time since I’ve read Newsweek. The simplistic language in this article, “The Secret Service is a federal law enforcement agency under the Department of Homeland Security” reminds me of Kamala Harris recently explaining that Russia and Ukraine are countries in Europe.

7 Likes

I recently bought a rifle case. Options were black, green, khaki, and gray. I chose gray to complete my gray man look :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I think there is going to be more to the story…

1 Like

Unbelievable gun laws?

New Jersey would like to enter this competition.

7 Likes

In The blue Corner, Hailing from Washington DC, Gun Lawsss, Gun Laws!
In The red corner hailing form New Jersey or is it California, Gun Regulationssss, Gun Reg’s…

2 Likes

I will not spend one penny of my money in D.C.! Why perpetuate a really bad situation?

4 Likes

Don’t bring a firearm into DC if it’s not registered in DC. It is Illegal to possess ammunition for any gun that is not registered in the city. I’m not defending it just stating a fact so people know.

8 Likes

@Frank47 -
Sadly, we all spend about 10-25% of our money in D.C. (in taxes), and they spend about 200% of what they collect.
Semper Fidelis.

3 Likes

I will not go back to DC while this regime is in control, gun or no gun. I won’t even go visit my brother-in-law who lives there. He tells me some disgusting things about DC today. Unfortunately he has to live there right now for his job. I’m just glad I was able to see our Capital city before it turned into this.

1 Like

That’s a great point to bring up, @Wayne82!

It’s important as gun owners that we know the laws and follow them, even if we don’t like them. We can still work hard on ending these laws or having them changed, but if gun owners willfully chose to defy the laws, then it can make the 2A community as a whole look bad and make it harder to convince others to join our side and that we are the good guys who don’t want to harm others or cause problems. At the end of the day, the facts that we do have from the article sound like they were not following the law.

That being said, I would be interested in more information coming out from this. I know that Secret Service can and does monitor social media and other things on the internet, so they may have seen something from this group that concerned them, but they aren’t saying what that is yet. This could come back to show that they did have harmful intent. We just don’t know from the article thus far.

1 Like

I worked with the best patrol cop ever. He finally took a pay cut and got out of patrol because of the hotshots who always wanted to start a beef. He once talked a suicidal guy out of his gun. I watched him talk a guy into letting him look inside his gym bag in court and the guy was pleased as punch to show him the whole inside of of the gym bag. There is a whole lot more to the story than just that brief description. I thought he should have been in hostage negotiation or some field like that. His name was John J. Murphy and he had been a cop in NY before he moved to CA. He certainly had a deep understanding of human nature. One of the final rides that made him decide to take a pay cut and get off patrol was one night he and his partner were doing bar checks. That was where they walk into a bar, say hi to the bartender, ask him how things are going and if the barkeep says everything is cool they look around and leave. In this particular bar his partner says “Let’s go check that guy out.” Murph asks him what for the guy is sitting there with a beer not doing a thing except looking at his beer. The partner says, “I haven’t had an exciting night in two weeks.”
Murph says, “Go ahead, but I’ve got the keys to the unit and I’m leaving. You can explain to the shift lieutenant how you got in a beef by yourself in a quiet bar.”
His partner was bent out of shape because they couldn’t go hassle the guy.

Sounds to me like the SS guys (I wonder if it is a a coincidence that the initials for the Secret Service are the same as the Schutzstaffel. When they are in uniform rather than plain clothes is the uniform black with silver trim and a Death’s Head on the cap device?) were doing a little hassling and just happened to find some guns and ammo. Imagine that, finding ammo with guns. That certainly is a strange coincidence. Well, enough of my tryout for the Comedy Club circuit.