Personal Defense Network

I have been receiving a lot of emails from PDN, what is the groups experience with this group? Good, bad or indifferant.
Thank you very much.
Brad

2 Likes

Yes I get them also but I don’t think they have any affiliation with USCCA. :thinking:

They do work with USCCA.
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/about/press-room/uscca-announces-partnership-rob-pincus-personal-defense-network/

4 Likes

The firearm industry seems to share any and all contact information. Every time I sing up for one context, or a holster maker, etc. I start to get tons of e-mails.

6 Likes

Thank you brother I stand corrected

1 Like

PDN - the best source for self defense knowledge and training.
Whoever took USCCA Defensive Shooting classes should know Rob Pincus name - he wrote the book for the class.
I recommend to follow his You Tube channel or visit his website for great videos. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks for the info @Jerzees and I will be checking out his YouTube channel.

1 Like

I don’t know if I should write it… but PDN is way better than WPS… :wink:

Sorry John Lovell’s fans… :innocent: :grimacing: :wink:

2 Likes

I cant determine that right now until I look at some PDN videos. I would still watch both because either way I will still be learning.

3 Likes

that’s good idea @Johnnyq60. Do not rely on single source.
I like to listen advices from multiple trainers and then choose what works best for me.
So far PDN is my primary “teacher” :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just a point of clarification. The USCCA does NOT share your email addresses or contact information with anyone.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/privacy-policy/

We want to help you protect yourself and that includes your private information.

5 Likes

They’re not coming from USCCA, but from other companies in the firearms industry. I’m disappointed, honestly. I would think that these places would be last to share personal information.

3 Likes

I have watched PDN for many years, I would give them a :+1: :+1:.

3 Likes

USCCA says they do not share information. That said, even before joining I started to receive a lot of advertisements from PDN. I did end up joining(not through email) which surprisingly I now receive very few emails from them. If you are like me, I ordered stuff for my gun online and it seemed to start a wave of gun advertisements. I also signed up on a couple sites just to read a few articles and again it was a wave. I know gmail and other groups will base the ads you see, based on what you look at. The emails on the other hand are largely due to other companies selling your email information to other companies so they can advertise to you.

This then leaves you to have to unsubscribe to multiple companies and never knowing which company started this whole process. So they can keep selling your information to new companies as time goes on. The other problem is, some companies have you submit your email prior to seeing the shipping cost. Which in turn automatically gets you signed up for even more emails.

The best thing to do is to start a gun only email or advertising email. That you use when visiting other sites and keep your main email for friends,family or business. You can have as many email addresses as you want and should probably avoid using only one. I say this only because you don’t want to miss that important email that your email provider deems less than important and hides away. Simply because you don’t have the time or desire to read through each topic and see if one’s important.

2 Likes

Old thread… but worth to be recalled.

Their free account gives a lot of valuable information !

1 Like