Pennsylvania and carrying while dropping off children

The law in PA says no weapons on school grounds. What about if I am in my car dropping or picking up my daughter?

Thanks
Christian

5 Likes

Welcome aboard! If you’re looking for explicit details check out the USCCA reciprocity map or dig deep into your state statutes. It’s an anti gun world!
Bad guy wins good guy looses, always. You don’t want to be on the wrong side of this. Your safety and the safety of your family are of no concern of the communists! Voting has severe consequences!

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @Christian30 glad you’re here! I’m not sure about PA specifically. But usually the school grounds go out to at least the sidewalks; so even if it was left in your vehicle, I think you could still face some issues.

3 Likes

Let’s be real we’re facing issues when a child is at home online taking classes and moves a water gun out of the way. Holy crap, they SWAT you in the privacy of your own home, for a water gun. That’s pure Trump Derangement Syndrome Psychosis. The Nazi’s are out in full force, do not UNDERESTIMATE your enemy! Private home school all children, do not place them into indoctrination institutions. Save the world, teach at home.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community Christian…

As others have said, you may need to do some digging into PA laws.

I know for my State, weapons are not allowed on school grounds EXECPT as being stored in locked vehicles (trunk, glove compartment, out of plain site) parked in/in transition through school parking lots/drives

But that’s my State…it’s not clear that PA has that exception…links to PA law from USCCA map below …(that last part of section C may be a defense, maybe check with a local sheriff’s office or attorney to confirm one way or the other).

§ 912. Possession of weapon on school property.

(a) Definition.– Notwithstanding the definition of “weapon” in section 907 (relating to possessing instruments of crime), “weapon” for purposes of this section shall include but not be limited to any knife, cutting instrument, cutting tool, nun-chuck stick, firearm, shotgun, rifle and any other tool, instrument or implement capable of inflicting serious bodily injury.

(b) Offense defined.– A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if he possesses a weapon in the buildings of, on the grounds of, or in any conveyance providing transportation to or from any elementary or secondary publicly-funded educational institution, any elementary or secondary private school licensed by the Department of Education or any elementary or secondary parochial school.

© Defense.– It shall be a defense that the weapon is possessed and used in conjunction with a lawful supervised school activity or course or is possessed for other lawful purpose.

(Oct. 16, 1980, P.L.978, No.167, eff. 60 days)

1980 Amendment. Act 167 added section 912.
Cross References. Section 912 is referred to in section 6105 of this title.

4 Likes

@Christian30.
Welcome to the community.
cobra 2
Train Hard and Stay Safe.

2 Likes