Parents and Carrying?

@Laura, is this the safe you’re talking about? It has the simplex style lock mechanism I like.

Yes that’s it. We have 2 in our house. we also have some of their other models as well. I am a huge believer in gun safety:smiley:

1 Like

also. amazon has is cheaper than anywhere else that I have been able to find…

1 Like

Our average summer temp in N. Texas is about 90F with 65-100% humidity. Even in the winter most of the state will see highs in the 60’s -80’s.

Purses are very much the norm particularly for women over 30 here.

1 Like

Not a fan of off-body carry. Several women in our church purse-carry, and frequently leave their purses either in the seats or on a counter. Thankful that, in this example, mom wasn’t more seriously injured.

3 Likes

me either, If I ever do I never set my purse down and who wants to be velcro’ed to a purse??

1 Like

I just got a custom kydex holster for my Shield 9. Because I haven’t been able to decide on which snap caps/simulammo to get for dry fire, I picked up a Bluegun of the Shield, that I use for draw exercise and such. My husband, my son and I have discussed and been practicing clearing and slicing the pie, through the house, and drawing while together or with our dogs. I have a fast access gun vault next to the bed, where I store my carry at night. Our other firearms are secured away from the bed, with ammo stored and secured seperately.

3 Likes

Hi Hailey,

I have a custom kydex for my CPX-2 which I use during the colder months (when I can conceal easier). I use the BarrelBlok product for dry fire training whether it’s out of my kydex or Sticky holster. It works great, very cost-effective.

1 Like

If you have to do it I highly recommend a purpose built purse that is slung cross body which also has the reinforced cut proof/resistant strap.

I’m really not a fan of “off body carry” at all but I understand that for some people, particularly women it’s really their only viable option in many cases.

1 Like

I have that same problem when I’m sporting that little black dress and stilettos.
Oops, wrong thread. :flushed:

3 Likes

So you say now!

2 Likes

Ok that’s an image I could have lived without. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Where can I find the kind of holster you’re talking about?

1 Like

Welcome to the group @Hugh2! Are you looking for a secure locking holster for mounting to bed or desk? Or a secure retention on-body holster?

Love these.

1 Like

To bed and desk

I am looking for both bed and desk holster

H. R. G

1 Like

If secure storage isn’t a consideration I prefer to use magnetic gun mounts.

These are very powerful “rare earth magnets” than can be glued, screwed or both to walls, furnature, bed frames etc. They are also rubber coated to protect your gun’s finish.

I use these for all of my quick access “hideaguns” around the home/office.

One or two of these will securely hold any handgun without harming them.

You can search for them on Amazon or Ebay.

4 Likes

This is secure and can be mounted to anything you can get a screw or bolt into, I have it in my truck, my granddaughter has it mounted to her bed frame.

This mounts under a table or shelf and has the no-battery button combination lock I like

This one goes under a desk or table, on the side of a nightstand

This one slides instead of dropping down

3 Likes

Thanks you I appreciate it. Have a blessed day

2 Likes