Opinions on pocket carry?

Yes but if you are in a not so great area or feel threatened you can walk around with hands in pockets, look non threatening and prestaged like this, it is actually a fast draw for me than appendix carry.

7 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

@Neal14.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

I sometimes am in situations where I am wearing a backpack with a hip belt so pocket carry is best under those circumstances. It has several advantages in normal day to day life also. With a little practice the draw can be almost as fast as from the hip. And as others have said, if you sense trouble coming you can establish a shooting grip that will enable a very fast draw if needed while looking like you are casually standing there with your hands in your pockets. It is also hard to beat for weapon retention. With a little practice you can even draw while seated in a car with a seatbelt on though it is slower and not subtle as you have to lift your hips up. The main disadvantage is less pocket space for other stuff.

Mostly carry a P365 this way. Occasionally a tiny LCP2 though I feel that .380 is a bit boarder-line from its very short barrel with FMJ over penetrating and HP under penetrating in the majority of competent tests I have seen. Plus it has basically half the capacity of the 365. But it sure is comfortable to carry. Sometimes worry that I will forget it is there;)

3 Likes

What brand of overalls do you prefer?

2 Likes

Wear the KEY brand. Most comfortable ones for me, great pocket space Barry54

3 Likes

Same brand I wear. I like to carry in my front pocket in a pocket holster. I don’t like that the bottom of the pockets are rounded instead of squared off. It causes my holster to curl so the hook portion is much less effective when drawing.

3 Likes

Been carrying in front pocket as well. Been carrying a S&W 380 bodyguard, in a sticky holster. Just don’t put anything else in that pocket. Carry extra mags in chest pocket.

4 Likes

I think it depends on which pocket. Pants or jacket.

2 Likes

Same thought. 43 in a sticky holster gets pocket carried on rare occasions. Generally the sticky goes iwb 4 o’clock, but sometimes, pumping gas, atm etc. it goes to the pocket. Only pistol I do that with. Funny, got away from carrying that gun for a couple years, now it seems to be my go to. Only gun out of 11 I can carry without a belt,and it seems I live in nylon shorts for half the year.

5 Likes

Lucky here in good ol Cali…need a permit.ends up costing around $400 by time you get it…

2 Likes