Olympics

What Olympics? Oh’ you mean the woke olympics. :roll_eyes:
They seem to have a low viewer turnout, I know we are not watching!

5 Likes

US Women’s Trap Kayle Browning takes home Silver:

https://www.teamusa.org/News/2021/July/29/Shooting-Star-Kayle-Browning-Wins-Silver-Medal-In-Womens-Trap

2 Likes

Believe or not… shooting IS present at the Olympics.

And even we own most of firearms of the World… we are not the only Country with medals :wink:

2 Likes

@Scotty … do you have super fast keyboard? :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Can we not link web pics anymore? It’s only allowing me ot post hyperlinks or upload pics from my computer.

My Google-Fu is strong. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The Olympics has shooting sports. Americans are doing well in them also. I think, right now it’s 3 golds, and 2 silvers.

1 Like

Noted controversy about the Iranian winning the 10 meter air rifle event in the news this morning…
Can’t mention Wuhan, but we can watch events in empty stadiums…just got used to MMA being quiet, but this just feels so wrong.

2 Likes

Quitting in the Olympics is celebrated now too!

The Greatest Generation, this is not.

4 Likes

We do, and if you have Hulu live you can pick shooting sports as parts of your personalized list of sports to follow. Though you’d never know it by regular TV or press coverage. But frankly with the introduction of the latest political nonsense by some of the “American” athletes lately I find myself largely ignoring the whole thing…

2 Likes

I guess I should have been clear on this, I should have said, Three gun competition!

4 Likes

I was thinking of the three gun competition.

Olympics has almost “three gun competition”… divided into different platforms.
Typical “3-Gun” will never be there…

There are Olympics this year? Great. Every day, I’m forced to add something else to my list of things not to watch- ABC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The Jan 6 Hearings, The Olympics…

2 Likes

And what would be the reason NOT to watch Olympics? :thinking:

For me, the women’s soccer team jerseys did it. They mis-spelled USA. When the politics is removed from the Olympic (as it’s supposed to be) and we get back to competition, I’ll reconsider

5 Likes

I don’t care about all the woke BS. I’m watching the Olympics. It’s different than watching professional sports. I believe professional athletes should be banned from competing in the Olympic Games.

6 Likes

“I always watched the Olympics with my dad and even though I was very young — five or six — I will always remember how my dad stood up with his hand over his heart each and every time “The Star-Spangled Banner” was played when the USA medaled in an event. [My dad] was bursting with pride.” :us:
-Larry Bird, Boston Herald

7 Likes

And when the reporter asked how it felt with the American flag around her shoulders, she had more than enough gas in her tank to give a shout out to her home country:

“It feels amazing. I love representing the U.S. I freaking love living there. I love it. And I’m so happy I get to represent U-S-A!”

-Tamyra Mensah-Stock, gold medalist, USA :us:
Women’s light heavyweight (68-kilogram), Tokyo Olympics

Blaze Media

6 Likes