Off body carry

What do runners and hikers like to use for carrying while enjoying their sport?

2 Likes

As a hiker, I carry an easy access backpack which holds all of the essential: firearm, knife, flashlight, paracord, first aid, water, saltines and craisins. Not a runner but in a previous post someone mentioned concealment t-shirt, underwear and belly bands.

3 Likes

I never liked off body carry and do not do it or recommend it. If I had to it would be in a pocket or fanny pack.

2 Likes

Belly band style holster. In fact, I carry with it at times even when not running. I find IWB holsters to be quite uncomfortable since I am not only 5% body fat like most of the people that model IWB holsters.

3 Likes

For hiking

2 Likes

Saw a magnetic holster advertised on FB, perfect for runners/joggers.

1 Like

I dunno much about off body carry other than for rifles and the only time I run is when the Gov’t told me I had to or I was out of ammo but the walking in the woods with a gun thing I got. When hunting I have a leather drop leg rig made for my Ruger Blackhawk in 41 magnum. If I was going to do a hike like the Appalachian trail or similar I would go OTWB cross draw to keep it off the back pack frame.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

My man @TexasEskimo put me on to this rig…(for hiking) I bought it a few weeks back and have used it a few times now on hike and it works great for me. I wear it along with my essentials/day pack that I always carry with me for my hikes so I like that it fits right in with that system.

Oh and here’s the link to the other thread with some other ideas/options…

2 Likes

Nice looking rig.:+1::+1:

1 Like

I talked to my buddy who is an instructor and who runs a lot. He turned me on to the P-tool. P for punch.

1 Like